Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Caption Competition

No really.................

I have finally caved in to the family and abandonned my love of sailing in favour of - what could best be termed - on water caravanning.

Behold the new boat:

Ye, it's that wonderful American invention that has been described as "As a sailing boat, it motors pretty well"; and "As a motor boat, ir sails pretty well".

Such are the compromises a family imposes. Not only is it a 'vacation machine' as opposed to a 'sporting mahine', but it cost nearly eight times the most that I've ever paid for a boat. The challenge over the comming years will how to make this slug sail like a real boat.

The immediate challenge though, is the want of a name. The family cannot seem to come up with anything either meaningful, or humorous. The existing name 'Mai Dai' is quite unsuitable; "Hello Coastguard, this is Maid Dai, Mai Dai, Mai Dai (MayDay)" should be good for fairly hefty fine if spoken over the radio.

So FM. Com loonies, any ideas? I don't care if they are lewd, suggestive, insulting, whatever. Just don't, and I mean don't suggest Moondance, Serendipity, Windsong, Avalon, or any of that kind of crap!

I like names like one bloke I knew who called his boat 'Ruthless!' Not because he was a take-no-prioners kind of racer, no; it was because his wife's name was Ruth, and she wouldn't get on the thing!

Comments

• Eat Me.
  • "Money pit". Because it's a hole in the water you pour money into and never see again...........
  • Fanny Magnet.
  • My (first) 3 options:

Lease boat

or

Water shed

or

Forza Quetzalcoatl (Aztec god of the wind)
  • Pom Queen
  • Eat Me - No, not today. Not tommorrow. Likely, not ever (thanks for the offer, though)

Tax Break - If only

Fanny Magnet - Congratulations Viges, you have reached that point after a year or so of marriage, and a child in the house, when suddenly you realise it was all about sex after all. And now, well............you know what happens now.

Lease Boat - Das Lease Boat maybe

Pom Queen - I don't whether that is meant to be Prom Queen, or Pom Queen. Either way, to an Antipodean that is as insulting as someone associating your mother with a certain omnivorous critter.

PS06 - Hmmm, PS04 more like, but it has merit. The natural colour scheme is black and white after all. I wonder if Brooksey has any more of those ForzaMinardi.Com stick-ons left.

• I do - and i'm ordering more.

E-mail me your postal address and i'll send you some. I'm ansett_elfin at hotmail dot com.

If anyone else wants one send me an e-mail and i'll sort out some quantities before I order them. I'll need to work out some sort of postage arangement (possibly send them all to RJ and MCSF and you guys can distribute them amoungst Euro/US members)
  • Tug of Love.
  • Louisitania....
  • I do - and i'm ordering more.

E-mail me your postal address and i'll send you some. I'm ansett_elfin at hotmail dot com.

If anyone else wants one send me an e-mail and i'll sort out some quantities before I order them. I'll need to work out some sort of postage arangement (possibly send them all to RJ and MCSF and you guys can distribute them amoungst Euro/US members)

i would like one or two to stick on my Fiat Uno. what will be the price?
  • just come in third in the betting competition and you'll get one for free
  • how to make this slug sail like a real boat
    You answered my question, How's it go without the motor?
  • Sail and screw!

Survival Kit!

High C's

Lease's Rest Home !;)

Spin

[Edited on 3/9/2005 by Dr_Spin]
  • How about Rock Bottom!
  • "It's alive..... alive i say!!!"

"Short lease"

"harr harr harr"
  • how about "nether gud"

or Niether good

since it doesn't motor good or sail good. it's neither good..

kind of a play on words for Knovorgrad, which is where you'll end up i f you miss a payment.

sound like Nevergood which has a sublime sexual connotation for the other adults that the kids miss

and hell, why not make it some german jsut too confuse people
  • not owned by redbull
  • 'bye slaves

see ya later

envy us
  • Red Bull Sucks might get a run.

In the end, I may just go for Minardi. Wouldn't have if the team was still in, but if they're out, I don't see the harm.
  • Forza Minardi!