Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

For No Particularly Good Reason

can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees, and has the following statistics:

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2
businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting

* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year... Can you
guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 435 members of the United States Congress. The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Comments

• So what's your point?
  • American bashing - its a hobby 'round this place.
  • I think its more hypocrite bashing - I'm sure a similiar pattern would emerge in our own House of Commons - we're probably not allowed to know this level of information though!
  • Have you seen the one that the Democrats put out on the Republican war cabinet and their military service. Have you seen the one the Republicans put out on....

well, you get the idea
  • Moved on from Pom Bashing after the cricket ;)
  • This gave me a chuckle. I wonder if it's completely accurate.
  • It's a funny world where if you're President of the US you can have affairs/be really ignorant and equally be popular, and if you're deputy Prime Minister in the UK you can punch someone with a mullet and single-handedly win around a million votes!

Not always funny-ha-ha, it must be added...
  • Jello,

accurate but very dated. From about 7 years ago. most of the 21 lawsuits are over and a whole slew of new ones are started
  • How to end a political career:

Step 1. Get pissed at a function where there are lots of journalists present

Step 2. When asked what you think your opponent might do when he retires; answer as far as I'm concerned, he and his mail-order bride can go back where she came from

Step 3. Follow-up by groping femal journalists present

Step 4. Deny it ever happenned and call it a grubby media trick by the other party

Step 5. Maintain the self illusion by saying that you still have the support of the party at your resignation speech

Step 6. Ensure that no-one will ever give you responsibility again by attempting suiced a few days later

So ended the career of NSW Opposition Leader John Brogden this week.