Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

No DNF

Wow, the first time since Zandvoort 1971 that there was not a single DNF

Comments

• I do not like this sort of modern F1 - DNF's were part of the sport too!

With these sort of races, we cannot even dream of getting into the points:(
  • 1961, not 1971, sorry
  • Not a bad race at all.

Controlled races by Juan Pablo and Fernando!

Excellent attempt by Kimi but he still has poor reliability from McLaren and Michelin.

Don't think we can take much comfort from finishing ahead of Kathikeyan as it looked liekAlbers hit him at the firt corner.

Still we finished and fought to hold the places ahead of last.

Has anyone noticed that we don't get rubbished so much these days.

Looks pretty certain now that ex-Minardi driver Alonso will be the fiirst to take the WDC from the Swervemaker.

Spin

[Edited on 4/9/2005 by Dr_Spin]
  • Yep - I'm penning the congratulatory letter to GCM as we speak. Remember FA was the last 'pure' Minardi driver and the last habd picked by the Man.
  • I wonder how many tv-watchers DNF the race. Except for Kimi, I found it boring. Minardi didn't do badly but there wasn't a real spark of excitement. I hope it will rain in Spa! (although that will mean it will rain in Holland too and we are enjoying a real late summer now)
  • Another shocking start by the Minardis - Doornbos must have made back his place during the first chicane. Thereafter he really lost time to Monteiro. Ho-hum.

Great stuff by JPM and Alonso can't lose it now, surely.

Kimi stuck behind Jacques is final proof that aero must change, it is farcical. Much better racing in GP2. Speaking of which, both Kovalainen and Rosberg look the business. Did we know Heikki wanted to drive for us this year but Renault preferred him in GP2?
  • I don't think Kimi was held up too much by Villeneuve- Kimi was on a one stop fuel load (which made the qualifying lap all the more brilliant- although the set-up in retrospect compromised the tyres), so he wouldn't have pulled away too much.

When on equal fuel loads, Kimi made mincemeat out of Jarno Trulli...

Both the Jordans and Minardis made poor starts.
  • Wow, the first time since Zandvoort 1961 that there was not a single DNF
    2005 USGP ;)
  • well, retiring after the warm up lap is a dnf, isn't it?
  • As the warm up lap is not counted toward the race distance, and the start of race does not occour until after the completion of the warm up lap, I would expect them to be classified as DNS instead of DNF...
  • Actually I think that a race distance is classified as x number of laps plus a recon lap.