Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Stoddarts Garage Sale Round Two

MINARDI DRIVERS TO APPEAR AT AUCTION

LEDBURY, ENGLAND, September 9, 2005 – Adding to the growing anticipation surrounding Paul Stoddart’s Second Annual Auction of F1 Cars and Memorabilia, scheduled to take place on September 17 and 18, in Ledbury, the Minardi F1 Team today announces that drivers Robert Doornbos and Christijan Albers will make special guest appearances at the event, the former visiting on Saturday, and the latter on Sunday. They will sign autographs, chat with those present, and assist with auctioning the huge range of Formula One-related items that are available.

Following the success of last year’s ground-breaking auction, this year’s event will feature a range of new items, including official Minardi clothing, Tyrrell, Arrows, BAR and Benetton memorabilia, pit equipment and transportation vehicles. In addition, 22 modern-era Formula One cars from Minardi, BAR and Tyrrell will all go under the auctioneer’s hammer during the course of the weekend. This will also mark the final opportunity to purchase the former Arrows F1 equipment in a public sale.

“The presence of Christijan and Robert at the auction will undoubtedly add further excitement and interest to the event,” comments Minardi Team Principal, Paul Stoddart. “We’re grateful that both drivers have given voluntarily of their time to be at Ledbury on what should be a weekend off for them between races, and I’m sure both F1 fans and participants in the auction will enjoy the opportunity of meeting Christijan and Robert in a relatively relaxed and informal environment.”

Chris Hall, of auctioneers Bache Treharne, who developed the company’s Webcast system that allows bidders from all over the world to participate on-line in the sale at the same time as those present at the Ledbury site, says, “It’s clear from the huge number of enquiries we are receiving, particularly from outside the UK, that there is a great deal of interest in this Second Annual Auction. We are delighted with the way things are progressing, and look forward to what I am sure will be a very successful event.”

- Ends -

[Edited on 9/9/2005 by MCSF]

Comments

• so you can actually copy and paste with a mac? wow, it must be so much easier :hehe::hehe:
  • Hey, there are an AWFUL LOT of things that you can rag on him about but, sheesh, a Mac is a sign of intelligence in the black land of rain death star world of TOOS. (the other operatiing system)

For instance, I differ on the term garage sale vs auction ast hey have distinctly different meanings.
  • would be a garage auction then....

let's hope those people get it right this time. last time was a complete desaster for anyone not present at Ledbury:mad:
  • Unless you have Minardirule as your point man!
  • so you can actually copy and paste with a mac? wow, it must be so much easier :hehe::hehe:

You could copy and paste on a Mac light years before on a
    common DOS based PC.
    :)

I'm with Berni, but I agree the first auction was a disaster
    (note spilling forza) as far as those on the internet go.
  • Unless you have Minardirule as your point man!
    So nice to be appreciated:cool:

Anyone spotted anything they fancy this time?
  • What day are you going rule????

Mini imola reunion???
  • Not sure yet Ste, maybe both days or just Sunday but will definately let you know however if it's at the same site there's nowhere to have a beer:o
  • I have looked at the auction list -there are a few items I'd like but there is no sign of the 50 flashlights the MCSF gave to the Team that went missing somewhere between Indy and Faenza.
  • I don't know if you've looked to the end of the day 2 catalogue but there are some boxed lots that look more interesting than you might think, old style t-shirts, jumpers etc if enough people are interested could eb good buys?
  • What the hell is a jumper anyway?
  • a sweater:hehe: