Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

'Minardi' will not be in the new name

Confirmed to me by the main Red Bull media office in Austria.

Apparently, they've said this publicly already but I don't recall seeing it. Inevitable but that doesn't stop it being very sad.

Comments

• As far as Faenza goes, a two-year guarantee is about as much as you can ask for in the real world.

OK, it's over. Unless someone buys Faenza when the time comes ...
  • Bake sale!
  • Not even for 2006 ?

That's even worse than BMW with Sauber.

More importantly, BMW also made a long-term commitment to keep the people in Hinwil (Sauber factory in Switzerland).. In fact, they even add people in Hinwil.

Why the F*CK didn't Stoddart sell to Eddie Irvine/Russian guy who wanted to keep the base in Faenza ?

@All (sorry to keep repeating myself):

- A simple petition won't help with Red Bull. They will laugh and mock it

- Please read my 'Red Bull and promises' thread.

http://www.forzaminardi.com/modules.php?name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=1373

for ideas about a long-term and well thought out guerilla campaign template to counter the Mad Bulls.

Otherwise, the Mad Bull / Cow stampede trample Faenza down.

[Edited on 13/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • will decide within the next 24 hours whether I will take the site offline... :(

• I hope you're joking RJ; this is no time for ForzaMinardi.com to end.

Maybe Mateschitz will sell on at some point, maybe this was just a political game using Red Bull's loose change. Bernie only needs Frank and Toyota now, but that is just a trifle compared to your enterprise.

I'm starting a petition to keep this website online ...
  • I think we need to wait until word comes from Faenza. Remember too that it is STILL Minardi until Nov 1.
  • will decide within the next 24 hours whether I will take the site offline... :(
    @forzaminardi: Serious ? Maybe I'm not long enough around here - I prefer to join in actively when things get though :) - to see the reason behind this...

Why not keep this this site up and make it an advocacy site to keep the Minardi name and fight the Mad Bulls Guerilla style in cas it's needed ?

As I pointed out in the other thread, the Red Bull CEO made some new promises to keep the factory in Faenza 'indefinitely':

http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft15590.html

(see end of interview)

Why not keep him accountable on this site (if he breaks this promise) and also use this site for action / intiatives to keep the Minardi name present ?

WHY GO OUT QUIETLY WITHOUT A FIGHT WHEN YOU CAN GO DOWN FIGHTING IN A BLAZE OF GLORY ?

• okay, we will fight then...

bloody hell am I pissed off

I will NEVER EVER drink a can of that drink AGAIN in my ENTIRE LIFE
  • btw from now on

Red Bull= TDTSNBN (the drink that shall not be named)
  • TDTSNBN is bad...spread the word:

"The average Joe weekend warrior, he would have to exercise for 15 to 20 minutes just to burn the calories in this drink," said Dr. Lori Mosca, director of preventive cardiology at New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York. "I would not recommend picking up one of these drinks when you're buying lunch at a deli."

Consuming large quantities of carbohydrates in hot weather can compromise hydration by slowing the rate at which fluid is absorbed into the bloodstream, and it can be tough on the stomach, said Douglas Casa, director of athletic training education at the University of Connecticut in Storrs.

"If someone needs calories in those conditions, there are better alternatives than Red Bull," Dr. Casa said. "I recommend rehydrating with a properly formulated sports drink and getting calories from a properly formulated sports bar."
  • Coming back the thread topic.

In the same interview the CEO from the TDTSNBN company says:

Q: What will the team be called?

DM: We have not decided yet, but the name will reflect the fact it is a team positioned as Red Bull's rookie team.

No good news at all, but at least no decision made...let's help them in the decision making process or else...

:spank:

The interview was posted today on Grandprix.com, but I don't know when it was actually conducted...

• We have 2 year to collect a big bag of money to buy back our beloved teamk (at least the Faenza factory). Let's establish a foundation!
  • All I can do is relay what I was told. Definitely not Red Bull Minardi, 'no Minardi at all'.
  • Did you give them a phone call or via email? If it is the secound, may you copy?
  • Little reason to doubt that. TDTSNBN Gmbh only recognise one brand, and that's their own.

The only remaining question then is will GCM stay around? I can't see them keeping him on, Marko already does the driver talent spotting for Mateschitz, even if he is crap at it - they spent years pumping money into Bernoldi, Friesacher and the like.

So, what next for The Man? Too young to retire, surely?

Surely we must maintain our allegiance to the team until, 23:59 on October 31st, then switch to whatever GCM decides to do instead.
  • Simon old bean looks like your spot on I saw an interview on TV last night where TDTSNBN said they intend to drop the minardi name and "Create a new young team and not carry any baggage from the past!"

BOYCOTT TDTSNBM
  • That won't be hard, will it, given that it tastes like heavily sugared 3 day old piss.
  • A little OT, but did you know they just copied this Japanese drink...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipovitan

Mateschitz became aware of it on one of his trips to Asia, copied off the formula
    and applied some nice marketing to it.

Well...

• Surely we must maintain our allegiance to the team until, 23:59 on October 31st, then switch to whatever GCM decides to do instead.
    That is what I intend to do.
  • Screw this quitting bullshut, We'll fight them :spank:
  • Remember when Arrows became Footwork? The Arrows name was gone, but it came back. If Red Bullshit screw this up, perhaps if they attract zero fans (which they're well on their way to doing) maybe they'll be quick to sell the team again to someone who'll bring the proper name back :P

RB seem like the kind of people who do things without thinking too hard, and do things for one reason - to promote themselves and make money. If they feel that this isn't working for them after a year or two, they'll drop their little B team like a hot tin of nasty-energy-drink-piss. Let's stick around long enough at least to piss ourselves laughing when RB fall flat on their faces, and just hope they don't bust the team completely, putting the Faenza boys out of work :o
  • Merda
    Merda
    Merda
    I'm about to cry
  • I know what you feel like but now is the time to get loud
  • Exactly. PR war now.
    No time for French cheese eating surrender monkeys like Quig :spank:
  • WTF? You been hitting the bottle again?
  • If GCM wanyed to race in a lesser formula he would of started a GP2 or atleast F3 team by now. Hell, he would of kept the team in F2 all those years ago....
    Clearly the man himself loves F1, and wants to be there, so why go down a formula or 2 without a fight.

[Edited on 13/9/2005 by Clown]
  • While we were at dinner last April I asked GCM about building WSC or F2 - he said it is F1 or nothing.

• [quote]Surely we must maintain our allegiance to the team until, 23:59 on October 31st, then switch to whatever GCM decides to do instead.
    That is what I intend to do.[/quote]
    ForzaRetirement.com ????
  • I refer to the TDTSNBN as TDTS

The drink that sucks!

I am not going down without a fight. We can keep this website to fight a guerilla war!
  • I know a bunch of us don't like the French but maybe we can get the French government on our side, since they have banned Red Bull.