Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

War-Cry

This is just a tought, I would like to know what you think about it.

I guees something like a sound war-cry, a catchy phrase would be quite usefull in this whole situation. Something like a general title to the petition, and I think that just "save Minardi" is not good enough.

Considering that we have to convince the folks from Red Bull, I will suggest something that makes use of that f*cking promo-phrase they love so much:

"Red Bull, please don´t kill Minardi. Give her wings!"

This is just one idea, but what I think is crucial is to have a tag, something to appear on banners at the races.

Comments

• I thought about some too and sent them to RJ...

Maybe some are too strongly worded at the moment

But can be apllied later when the situation gets worse as appropriate...

"Our team is older than your drink"
    (I think Red Bull appeared about 1987, will have to recheck?)

"More Minardi - less Bull Shit"

" You can buy a Team, but not the Fans "

"PS to your CFO: F1 Fans will stop buying your drink"

"PS to your PR: Violet White Fans gave you Headaches - We will give you Hell"

and finally...

"PS: Yes, we have fans in Palermo" :spank:
  • Let's not make these phrases too strong.

I like "Red Bull, please don´t kill Minardi. Give her wings!" a lot actually. We could put that on the first page when we print the petition.

"Our team is older than your drink" is nice as well by the way.

[Edited on 16/9/2005 by Stan]
  • Yes, mine are too strong....these were just sent privately for use if the situation gets worse.

Sorry, but I just read that the Austrian football club supporters gave up fighting the Red Bull PR machine after 5 months, so I was in a dire mood:

http://www.violett-weiss.at/pressemitteilungen.php

I like 'Give Minardi Wings'...

(But as no to get your hopes high...the petition is 99% worthless against a corporation like Red Bull with a strong CI mindset.

Still I gave all I could in the past 3 days to move this petition forward..

But we need to be prepared the petition alone won't help anything.

Anyway, let's go fighting in style and a go down in a blaze of glory :)

Edit: Yes, Red Bull was launched in 1987, so Minardi in F1 is older.
    Iidea of Red Bull drink was in 1982, so Minardi as a "company" in F2 is also older :)

So the slogan "Our team is older than your drink" is appropriate. Like the "Wings" slogan also

[Edited on 16/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • Well, obviously we shouldn't send the petition directly to Red Bull, we need to send it to Paul Stoddart. And we need to give him instructions to drop it on Mateschitz's head if he doesn't agree with it ;-)

It's looking like he will get a 300 page document on his head right now.
  • Stan, Paul is out of the equation, gone, goodbye, cheerio.
  • .... and possibly vindictive.
  • The petition to Ps?
    Ps who?
    Please...
  • goed directly to mr mateschitz by registered mail (even though that will cost a fortune) but at least he can't say that he didn't receive it:hehe:

i read a nice one on the violett-weiss.at forum

if pigs could fly, bull would't need wings

but I agree with stan that we should keep it neat at all times. I can see the potential for great friendship between red bull and minardi fans
  • Stan, Paul is out of the equation, gone, goodbye, cheerio.
    Well, I think Paul Stoddart will talk to mister Mateschitz many many times from now until about next year this time. And if you look at how much of a fanatic he is, I am sure he would try throwing this thing in his face.

If you send it to Mateschitz, his secretary will just throw it in the waste bin and noone will even talk about it anymore.

Not the way to go if you ask me.

[Edited on 17/9/2005 by Stan]
  • We're over 10.000 now :D
  • Stan, I like your optimism but RB won't be having anything to do with Stoddie. Money has changed hands, end of story.
  • It's not optimism, it's being realistic.

I am not saying we send it to Stoddart so he can make the decision. I am saying he (or any Minardi employee) can be the person who can make sure it ends up on the right desk, and not in the waste bin.
  • Where is the Minardi petition going to be sent to, and on what date?
  • My take:
    cut the RED tape and the BULLshit. Preserve the Minardi name and heritage!!!

Btw, welcome Lamy.
  • I agree Minardus lets just hope we do keep our name in F1 for next year and beyond.
    Thanks for the welcome anyway.:D:D
  • Posted this in the petition forum , but fits the war cry thread...

__
    Minardi are there to race; Red Bull exists just to sell fizzy drinks.
    __

This is from a feedback on itv-f1