Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bravo Fernando!

The first ex Minardi WDC! Bravo!

Comments

• Congrats Alonso!

Forza Minardi and their first WDC!
  • Way to go FRED !!! Forza Alonso....Forza Minardi

• Forza Fernando! :D :D :D :D
  • Forza Alonso! He has been fantastic all season.
  • I agree. It would be nice to see him win another race though.
  • Our boy done good
  • Cheers Alonso! Heres to many more!
  • Well done Fernando. We are proud of you!!!!!!!
  • Enhorabuena Fernando (el Nano) !!!!!!!

He's the REAL Iceman.
    Kimi is like a snowman: when it gets hot he melts quickly (see qualifying yesterday) !!!!!!;)
  • Congrats Fred - but please give credit where credit is due - to none other than

Gian Carlo Minardi
  • I'ld be curious to whom those 4 people Fernando was referring to in his interview.

Accolades to Fernando. Nothing changes his age and his title.
  • Congrats to Fernando, a most worthy WDC. :)
  • Congrats Fernando. Well done!

Did Schuey and Kimi team up at the post race party to sing
    "the Spaniard who blighted my life"? :)

Spin
  • Maybe Michael just threw some things through windows instead.

Congrats Fernando. :D
  • Congrats with your achievement Fernando. A job very well done. Enjoy it.
  • well done to ALonso, but don't throw Kimi away, he is a REAL ICE MAN but the car was unreliable for most of the season as opposed to ALonso's!

Despite all setbacks, he did put up a real fight. We would see Kimi winning it next time, but I will not be seeing it if Red Bulls take off MInardi's name from the team!
  • I'ld be curious to whom those 4 people Fernando was referring to in his interview.

Accolades to Fernando. Nothing changes his age and his title.
    Spanish TV asked him and he said: my father, my mother, my sister and my grandma !
    well done to ALonso, but don't throw Kimi away, he is a REAL ICE MAN but the car was unreliable for most of the season as opposed to ALonso's!

Despite all setbacks, he did put up a real fight. We would see Kimi winning it next time
    Well, don't forget Montoya.
    He's giving a real fight to Kimi as well.

If next season Fisico fails to deliver again, Fernando will get most points for Renault.
    But if Kimi and Montoya are winning each every other race, then Fernando will come out winner, because both McLaren drivers will have to divide the points between them.
  • Quig, maybe someone should remind Alonso himself about where some credit is due...

FA: "I think I came from a country with no traditions in Formula One and, you know, I fought alone, basically, because I had no help from anyone for all of my career. I arrived in Formula One thanks to the results in my previous categories and thanks to my sponsors and now I think this title is the maximum I can achieve in my life, in my career, and it is thanks to three or four people, no more than that."

• Oh, but congratulations Fernando, you deserve the crown for 2005.
  • bravo fernando, finally we have a world champion in our family:D
  • Fernando has been consistent all season, congrats to him.
    But let's be honest. Kimi is a faster and more spectacular driver and, overall, I prefer him. What he did this season, despite the incredible series ofunlucky events he had, has been amazing.

Bravo Culonso, but Kimi is the moral WDC. Hope he wins next year.
  • Bravo Fernando,

the cub of Faenza
  • manlio, I have to disagree. But drivers were stellar and the only difference has been the car. The McLaren, slower and less reliable early in the season but now the strongest by far. Alonso picked up the wins when he had the car advantage and that's why he's champion.
  • Tas... I had hoped that some credit to GCM of PS or at least Minardi for his F1 break would have come to light...

guess he did it all on his own. I still admire his driving though! Bravo Fernando.
  • Tas... I had hoped that some credit to GCM of PS or at least Minardi for his F1 break would have come to light...
    Same here...a quote from Alonso or a thank you regarding Minardi would have been wonderful PR for the petition !

Maybe in the Japan or China race ?