Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

More new parts in China

From Albers' collumn on F1racing.net:

We had a pretty exciting race in Japan. The fire we had during my second pitstop was pretty big. My arm and right glove was burning a bit. I didn't get my skin burned though fortunately. My fire resisting outfit made sure the fire couldn't harm me at all. While sometimes these outfits make you feel like you're racing in a sauna you can't race without them. In a situation such as my pitstop it saves you from getting burned.

Many people asked me if I didn't have any doubts to get back in the car. I didn't have any doubts at all though to be honest. If the team tells me it is safe then it is safe. It was important to continue the race and get a good qualifying slot in China.

We have talked a lot about the pitstop with the team after the race. The fuel rig has to be improved. When the fuel rig wasn't clicked in correctly the fuel could come out already and that shouldn't have happened. The team will work on it to get it improved for the Chinese Grand Prix.

All in all the Japanese race went pretty good. I liked the track a lot, Suzuka really is a fantastic challenging track. The fans were amazing in Japan. They welcome you as a star at the track and everywhere else I showed up.

On Monday I flew from Osaka (Japan) to Shanghai (China). It's the second time I am here in Shanghai. Last year I visited Shanghai to race with the DTM at the street circuit - an amazing event! The track in Shanghai will be a big challenge again. Just like Interlagos and Suzuka it is a track I didn't race at before.

The team will bring a few new parts for the car to see if we can do something special at Minardi's last race. It will be really something special for all those guys that worked for the team for many many years already. It's a shame the name Minardi will probably disappear but with a bigger budget the team itself can do many more things at the grid.

Comments

• "It's a shame the name Minardi will probably disappear but with a bigger budget the team itself can do many more things at the grid"

Does he know something we don't?

Nice to hear they are giving it a crack. I say turn up those revs to the abosult limit, hell over the limit! better to burnout...than to fade away!
  • It's nice to hear that there are new parts still coming. It will be a special race for us and it is important that we beat the Jordan's in this last race. People will remember afterwards that we were competitive till the end.

[Edited on 12/10/2005 by Walker]
  • Rrespect for all the team for this, they will never give it up and this is the right mentality!
  • That is the problem with no Boy Friday in China. The more hours we get comparing parts and set up is good - even this late in the season.
  • it seems to me that at some point someone is going to get in the last word on this board based upon RJ's decision to end it all if the name goes. CA's commetns are not encouraging with regard to the decision going favorably toward keeping the Minardi name.

The builders are in. The sponsers are in ...it's about cash. My hope would be that the PEOPLE who make the Minardi TEAM remain and maintain the fighting spirit are still there. The PEOPLE are the TEAM.

With that I will say:

It's ALL about racing. ForzaMinardi.

Will the last one here please shut off the lights...

(BTW, I'll be here in the mornin when you guys wake up with the that nasty Red Bull hangover and hopefully realize we may have not lost everything..it's still about the game. it's still about the racing as long as there are people who want to compete. when the competion ends then it's really over)

It's ALL about racing. ForzaMinardi.
  • Bernie,

I want the name to stay just as much as anyone else. But I will say this, if Red Bull do decide to change it, as long as the team is the same Minardi guys back in Faenza, I'll be supporting them. We don't have to 'turn off the lights' at all. This can continue to be the forum of the team and it's supporters.
  • ForzaRedBullRookieRacingTeam.com
  • Minardi and ForzaMinardi have a spirit that will never die. In UK Rugby League the West Yorkshire team Fartown, named after the area they played in, changed to become Huddersfield and then Huddersfield Giants.

Their fans still refer to them as Fartown - That is the spirit - FOOOOOORRRRRRZZZZAAAAAMINARDI!!!!!!
  • It's Paul's last race, and possibly the last race under the 'Minardi' name (which I hope isn't the case) and we didn't get a press release 'Preview for China'! What's up with that?

We are the only team that didn't issue one.
  • Typically we don't - Pitpass and/or others do a preview but I have yet to get a PR BEFORE a race.