Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardis new name

2»

Comments

• Pistonbroke, good thinking.
    Eddie jordan also said that he wants to return sometimes when there's a real need for independant teams (maybe this was a subtle hint to the breakaway series?!?)

Btw, Dutch coverage said today that they think Red Bull probably didn't use "Red Bull" in the teamname because the drink is not popular in Italy.
    Maybe Salvo and Manlio can comment on that ???
  • Can anyone in the know ask GCM (or PS)

(I know I'm asking for an answer to my own question)
  • Can you imagine commentators reading out that name during a race.

First mistake they made was to make it three words long.

The name will not gel, commentators will call it the RB junior team by default. They have to change it eventually. Therefore the Minardi Toro Russo could work.
  • Been sadly watching the death throes of my favourite team for 20 years,Red Bull don't give a flying F**k about the heritage and tradition of Minardi!
    All they want is exposure,I saw my team at Melbourne this year little knowing the rubbish to come,Stoddard sold out as he sold out his airline,his employees and anything else he's been concerned with,
    All this we'll follow the team whatever will not work,just look at Jordan,go on there website and ask the question,it's game over for them and it's game over for us
    As for the mechanics and associated personnel,they'll just be glad to keep their jobs,do you really think Red Bull give a toss about us fans?
    It's a sad day for F1 and thank god i won't be following it any more,GoMinardi....sorry Gone minardi!!
    Do we really want to follow a team wallowing at the back with no hope of achieving anything with a V10 dinosaur in the back,any development will be chucked at the "proper" Red Bull team not some hideous offspring of a once great team
    At the end it's been a good twenty years except for the Stoddard era,lets raise a glass to the famous Minardi name and think of it as it was not as it's to become!
    on that note I'll go and never darken these doors again!
  • You can't compare us tu Jordan.
    At the beginning of this season a LOT of tech.people left Jordan GP!!!

At Minardi it seems ATM that the mechanics will stay put.

If that is so, I will keep on supporting them.
  • red bull is not THAT popular in italy, but it's well known. Can't believe there are people spending 3 euro for a can of that stuff...
    anyway, I won't be a Squadra Toro Rosso fan. I am a Minardi fan and I don't give a damn about tori rossi, blu, verdi o gialli.
  • Imagine if Mateschitz would contract Valentino Rossi for 2007 !!!:hehe:

Rossi driving for Toro Rosso !!!:rolleyes:
  • PBusted, it is a reasonable point to ponder.

The Channele Ten team were in Shangers on the weekend and kept referring to PS dropping hints all over the place about something in the wind.

That could be just his personal aspirations towards regulatroy, or administrative roles, but I keep wondering about the Jordan thing.

Probably nothing. Even if he did take the name and start a new team, it wouldn't create any kind of atmosphere. Without Papa Carlo, there would be no point.
  • PBusted, it is a reasonable point to ponder.

The Channele Ten team were in Shangers on the weekend and kept referring to PS dropping hints all over the place about something in the wind.

That could be just his personal aspirations towards regulatroy, or administrative roles, but I keep wondering about the Jordan thing.

Probably nothing. Even if he did take the name and start a new team, it wouldn't create any kind of atmosphere. Without Papa Carlo, there would be no point.
    were they in China? I thought they were commentating from phillip island?
  • They were, methinks Lease was downing too many Cab Sav's. However, there is stark similarities between Phillip Island and Shanghai:hehe:
  • S'true. Quickly whacked the tape on after the barbie guests left.

Watched long enough to see that the recording was unwatchable - AGAIN!

Thought I saw a sign on the front of their desk that said Shanghai, and them mentioning PS blah, blah, here.

Oh well,

back to the bottle.
  • Just read a story on grandprix.com and they still used minardi name. Lets hope this will continue to be the case. If it does maybe Minardi will be the short 'nickname' for the team.

From the article.

Only Squadra Toro Rosso (aka Minardi) is planning to go into the new season with....

[Edited on 19/10/2005 by TasM]
  • Tas, mate, it's done.:(

Minardi F1 Team as of the 19/10 has only 12 days left before it's renamed "Funculo Catzo Rosso" or whatever that riduculous name will be.

I think we need to accept the inevitatble.

I really do not think a Billionaire is going to listen to us.
  • I agree. I just had the thought that when James Allen starts to excitedly blurt out something like...

"Oh my, A Squadro Torro Rosso car has out braked the Midland car at the hairpin and whipped past on the inside, fantastic effort by the Torro Rosso driver!!!"

Will be easier said as "Oh my, A Minardi has out braked the Midland car at the hairpin and whipped past on the inside, fantastic effort by the Torro Rosso driver!!!"

I mean, what is the short name for this team... the STR??? Minardi may have gone from the grid, but they need some short name to use in commentary.

I suppose in reality they will just use the term 'Torro Rosso' cars and the drivers names. Ah, your right Roo, I'll just have to used to it.:(
  • Yesterday I told my wife that minardi is going to become Toro rosso after Red Bull bought it.
    And she asked me: why such a weird name?
    I replied that it is the translation of Red Bull.
    "Oh... it's true.. I didn't realize it", she said.
    She didn't realize. As the most of italians won't do.
    Definitely a brilliant marketing move!:o:mad:
  • And definitely a brilliant wife!:hehe::hehe::hehe:
  • if the torro rosso car for next year is good I think James allen and Brundle will refer them as Minardi's. We can hope.
  • if the torro rosso car for next year is good I think James allen and Brundle will refer them as Minardi's. We can hope.
    Minardi is not there any more - PLEASE GUYS AND GALS LET'S ACCEPT THIS FACT

I only hope Toro Rosso Red Bullshit gets no points at all, and does not finish a race at all! they f**** the team, let's see them getting f***** up now!
  • neil you've got to accept. its still our boys building the car and they can build reliable cars and good cars for their budget. The budget increased therefore they can make the car faster. I want to see them fail too but I also want to see them show RB up.
  • [quote]if the torro rosso car for next year is good I think James allen and Brundle will refer them as Minardi's. We can hope.
    Minardi is not there any more - PLEASE GUYS AND GALS LET'S ACCEPT THIS FACT

I only hope Toro Rosso Red Bullshit gets no points at all, and does not finish a race at all! they f**** the team, let's see them getting f***** up now! [/quote]

Therapy son, therapy
  • What chassis will porco rosso use next year? If it is an evolution of the PS05 then minardi will continue, if it is the RB01 then it is over for the factory.
  • I hope they develop the PS05.

AND I hope that they get a spare RBR01 in Faenza to study it and get "ideas" (like what happened a few years ago with the Arrows A23) !!!
  • What chassis will porco rosso use next year
    porco rosso :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
    that's fine. i guess I'll always call them like this:hehe::hehe:
  • PORCO MEANS PIG