Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A1

Any Aussies make it to the Creek? Quite good races with good crowd. The circuit is nothing special but the elevation changes are nice.

Too many crashes caused by inexperience/lack of talent. Lapierre was supreme but he's not that far ahead. I'm sure the scrutineers are interested in that car.

Kerr was dreadful on the restarts. Christ, he had enough practice behind Lapierre!

Hard to know what to make of A1 really. 'Quite fun' is as far as I'll go but well done to the Minardi boys, a good weekend. Herta was no better than Speed for the USA. And poor Lauda ...

Comments

• I didn't make it down there, and kinda glad I didn't after watching the race on TV. Race was punctuated by Safety Cars, and seemed pretty boring in the end. It's a shame because A1 looks like such a good concept, and the cars look fantastic, but some of the drivers are crap!

The crowed sucked apparently. I hear they pulled less people than the V8 Supercars, and they only managed 16,000...hence no V8's at the Creek in '06.
  • It seems overtaking is an art these guys have yet to grasp.

I think the chopping and changing of drivers doesn't help. But it is fun and also frustrating at the same time with some of the amateurish moves.
  • The crowed sucked apparently. I hear they pulled less people than the V8 Supercars, and they only managed 16,000...hence no V8's at the Creek in '06.
    I thought it was 'close to a sellout' from the publicity pre-event? ;)

As for the SuperCars crowd - Sydney isn't a V8 town anymore, the high-tech events like AutoSalon draw more than 16,000 over two days.

• Sydney is hopless for sporting events, unless we're talking Olympics, World Cup or State of Origin/Grand Final Rugby Leage. Home and Away games are a Joke. Lucky if you get 9000 spectators.

Anyhoo, I heard 51,000 for the three days. Not bad for Sydeny.

Why are the frogs so fast?
  • As for the SuperCars crowd - Sydney isn't a V8 town anymore, the high-tech events like AutoSalon draw more than 16,000 over two days.

Man thats a shame. Back in the late 80's I remember huge crowds watching Brock and Johnson and co. at Amaroo and Oran Pk. Pity that.
  • Through years of experience, most of it hilarious, I wait with interest the findings of the scrutineers. I hope they're up to it.

It seemed like a decent crowd at the Creek - I wouldn't have expected more than a V8 crowd.

re: overtaking. identical cars + fastest starting first = not much passing.
  • re: overtaking. identical cars + fastest starting first = not much passing
    Except for the "power-boost"
  • the THEORY is that by having spec cas the drivers can distinguish themselves more adn there woould be more passing. again, from a m arketing side, if you have a constantly changing leader and close run to the season finish by the points leaders fan intereste will stay high. I think this series is still pretty new and there's a lot of sorting out to day with drivers, teams, equipment.

Why am I always having to take a wait and see attitude you ask? I dont' like to eat my own words later.
  • GP2 it is not. I think the main thing for me is off-season fun.

Thus far, it isn't that fun watching a handful of hotshots embarrass the rest. The hotshots don't do that much overtaking either. Chopping and changing the drivers doesn't help.

Alex and Jos did well but weren't able to make an impact on the front-runners.
  • Must be the difference in driver quality.

World Series by Renault also has identical cars, but ths season had a handful of different race winners.
    The quality of the drivers was more or less identical in the top ten.
  • What about the japanese crash?

• As far as I could tell he did that all on his own in the flat-out turn one.
  • As far as I could tell he did that all on his own in the flat-out turn one
    Good for him ! :hehe: