Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

No superAguri

Grandprix.com:
Super Aguri F1 is missing
The FIA Formula 1 World Championship entry list does not include the new Super Aguri F1 team, which will come as a major blow to Honda, which had been hoping to get the team up-and-running in 2006.

The planned new team is coming together at Leafield with a staff of around 60 people working on the programme which, as we have already suggested, was going to start with the old 2002 Arrows chassis before building its own cars ready in time for the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola on April 23.

The problem appears to have come about because of the need to pay the FIA a bond of $48m. Our spies tell us that the money had not arrived in the time available and that means that the team is not on the list. There may be a procedure by which the team could be allowed to compete if the other 10 teams agree to sign to let another competitor join in but it is hard to imagine why the teams at the back of the grid would agree to such a thing as they would be creating a rod with which to beat themselves.
Now Stoddart must be banging his head to the wall for having sold the team !!!!:spank:

Comments

• What about the broad?
  • Villeneuve is confirmed at BMW Sauber.
    Monteiro is confirmed at MF1.

Honda team will be called: Lucky Strike Honda F1 Racing Team.
  • that makes f1 very uninteresting next year... no one to follow apart from albers...
  • S*it, there is a very small chance in case all the other teams agree to have them in. I doubt that happens.

This was the team I was looking for since Minardi disappeared :(
  • It's too bad they aren't there.
    Maybe RedBull could have bought them an re-named them
    "Super Lucky Mega Taste Fortune Drink team".

• It's too bad they aren't there.
    Maybe RedBull could have bought them an re-named them
    "Super Lucky Mega Taste Fortune Drink team".
    With Smile. :hehe:
  • i would never follow a team named super aguri aka super cucumber in greek....nothing interesting this year in f1 though...
  • Serious questions have to be asked. F1 is crying out for fresh blood. Mosley has got his panties in a twist trying to encourage new teams. So why was SAR refused. He even said a new team don't even have to lodge the $48 million bond. Only show they have access to that kind of money.
    On a positive note, it looks that twin wing monstrosity he wanted to introduce will be rejected by the GPWG.
  • i would never follow a team named super aguri aka super cucumber in greek....nothing interesting this year in f1 though...
    Really? I would follow a team soley based on the fact is was called "Super Cucumber":hehe:
  • I see 9 of the 10 teams signed the agreement to allow SA in but Midland refuese to sign. Guess the 06 Midland car shows a lot of promise eh?