Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Artificial Aero

Check this out

"This inventor is working on a method of creating artificial tornadoes to generate electricity which he calls the "Atmospheric Vortex Engine". He is claiming that it is possible to create a man-made tornado and use wind turbines to capture the energy from the tornado. On the website there is some video footage of some experimental tornadoes that were generated in a prototype vortex tower in Utah. There seem to be several recent media references to his work including The Economist and The Guardian. Sounds like an interesting idea for a renewable energy source, but what happens if one of these tornadoes gets away" (from slashdot)

http://vortexengine.ca/

Comments

• Depends how far it gets prior to losing the conditions required to keep it roatating.
  • Seems an interesting idea. It won't actually be a tornado, it is more akin to a dust devil. Which occur due to surface layer turbulence caused by excessive surface heating. (Knew my course would come in later on here sooner or later).