Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2004 Minardi Interview

Guys here is a fantastic interview by Atlas/Autosport with GCM in 2004. I am sure some of you have seen it before but it's well worth another look. The MCSF website is happy that Autosport have allowed us to reproduce the interview. Its a classic GCM has a few choice words on Ron Dennis kind of suitable now FA has signed. check it out p

http://www.minardiusa.com/2004interview.htm

www.autosport.com

[Edited on 19/12/2005 by Ger]

Comments

• Thanks Ger, I hadn't read that previously. Excellent.

Love the comment about RD having had more luck than ability. :hehe: :hehe: Nearly fell off my chair when I read that.
  • Whoa. Autosport/Atlas let you print that? :o
  • Hey man - we're the Minardi Club San Francisco - we can do anything!
  • Is that like the "Everything's easy when you're Jesus!" line?
  • Hey man - we're the Minardi Club San Francisco - we can do anything!
    Can you bring back our team? :(
  • Touche - sadly not even the mighty MCSF is incapable of that.
  • He picked Frank williams pretty well. If they took that advice then, they wouldn't be in the shit today.
  • Touche - sadly not even the mighty MCSF is incapable of that.
    So if you're NOT INcapable, that means you ARE capable. right ???:P
  • Excellent interview, I knew i was right about Ron all along.

I think Minardus has a point there Emmett, that double negative leaves you a mighty big promise to deliver on........

let me know if you need any help;)
  • Thanks Quig and Ger - a really good read. Essentially, GCM was too nice for F1, as I believe you were told more than once on your factory visit.

Some great stories, especially about Ron. Nothing wrong with a bit of passion!

I detect a slight chip about the language barrier - of course, Enzo didn't have to speak English but GCM is no Enzo. It rather goes back to the way the Old Man patronised the English 'garagistes'. Yes, dear thing, the engine really should go in the back. Now you go and try it ...
  • Just finished Jo Ramirez book, "Memoirs of a Racing Man". With his history of being with Shadow, Fittipaldi, ATS, Tyrrell, John Weyer, Dan Gurney, and McLaren.... along with drivers such as the Rodriguez Brothers, Cevert, Prost, Senna, and Mika..... it should have been a better read. Still, it was a pleasant look back at yesteryear....... The one guy who comes out of this book looking like a real a-hole, is Uncle Ron....... but then again, what is the surprise there ?????

ciao