Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR1

Accordibg to the Team's principle the STR1 will be "a unique development of the RB1."
I feel this represents a can of worms. The rest of the teams are no longer that STR will be using a rev limited V10 ( not a problem in Minardi guise as the team were too slow to be a threat). But this approach also contravenes the Concorde agreement as who will own the intellectual rights to common components.
I see a protest vote from our Chav friends!

Comments

• is the development of the development of a two-year-old car and a three year old engine a competitive package when the new cossies are already revving way past 20000rpm (and the serious testing hasn't even started)? i don't think so. they will have milk van appeal with the sound they make in comparison to other cars on the grid
  • According to Luca Marmorini of Toyota they tested a V8 and a V10 at Midland to know the difference in horsepower. A limited V10 has 80 bhp more (800) than a V8!!!
    The FIA has no plans to change the rules for it yet, they wait until after the first race and then they will analyze it and deside if further limitations are needed.
  • So 'Minardi' might very well win the first race of 2006, sadly also the first race they are not Minardi. :(
  • Those output figures are incorrect. The FIA used data provided by Cosworth to set the equivalency formula. Accordingly they assume that with the restrictor and rev limit a V10 output will be capped at 750bhp.
    Marmaroni's comments came out at the initial testing stage of his V8. I would expect most V8s to be on par with the V10 now. At maximum development I'd foresee a V8 hitting 800bhp. Given the V8's advantage in size, packaging and fuel efficiency thats too big an advantage for a V10. Out of slow corners it has more torgue and will hit its maximum output quicker.
  • F1racinglive.com:
    Faenza based Scuderia Toro Rosso's all-new 2006 car should be completed later this month.

Interestingly, it is expected that the car will not be based on either the Minardi PS05 or the Red Bull Racing RB1.

STR will however return to the test track at Jerez this week with last year's RB1.

Like its sister team STR will then officially launch the car just ahead of the first practice session of the year in Bahrain.
    Hmmmm.

Btw F1racing,net is reporting february instead of january:
    "The new car is not ready yet at the moment," a team spokeswoman told F1Racing.net. "At the moment we are testing to train a few new people in our team. This way they can learn how we work."

The team can not confirm when the new car will have its first shakedown but it is likely the first STR-car will run in February. "We will be ready with the new car before Bahrain but we don't know an exact date yet. It is probably in February."
  • from Sky:

F1 team Red Bull's preparations for the new season aren't going to plan.

They're struggling to cure an overheating problem and it re-appeared when David Coulthard tested the new car at Jerez yesterday.