Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

First PR From STR...

...and it was emailed to me at the Minardi Club San Francisco addy!

MEDIA INFORMATION 11 January 2006

JEREZ TEST - DAY 1

Circuit: Jerez de la Frontera - 4.428 km
Car : RBR1-04
Driver: Tonio Liuzzi
Laps: 91
Best time: 1.20.180

Scuderia Toro Rosso's first season in Formula 1 can be said to have really started today with
its first test session of 2006. The car ran reliably, allowing Tonio Liuzzi to rattle off no less
than 91 trouble-free laps.

"On the technical front, this was a busy day, as we were assessing 3 types of brake disc,"
commented Chief Engineer, Laurent Mekies. "Tonio provided us with good and accurate
feedback and we have a lot of data to analyse. This was pretty much a perfect start to our
testing and Michelin should be complimented on providing us with tyres that, despite the
cool weather, allowed us to run our brake programme."

Scuderia Toro Rosso continues testing here tomorrow, when Scott Speed takes over in the
cockpit.

Comments

• funny, I didn't get it. I must have fallen from grace:hehe:
  • great english btw :rolleyes:
  • Who's Laurent Mekies? New Red Bull appointed lackey?
  • Listen up you people - STR - in my opinion - thinks they can treat a Minardi Club as if they were a STR unit. They have no right - they need to EARN that right.

It is quite insulting - they have never made any contact let alone FORMAL contact with the MCSF.

Well STR?
  • Listen up you people - STR - in my opinion - thinks they can treat a Minardi Club as if they were a STR unit. They have no right - they need to EARN that right.

It is quite insulting - they have never made any contact let alone FORMAL contact with the MCSF.

Well STR?
    Did you reply to them advising that you are the 'Minardi' club, and not the Scuderia Torro Vaccia club?

• I'm glad to see Laurent still employed.
  • Laurent was Albers' car's engineer in 2005 !!!The guy with curly hair, mustache and glasses.

Good to see the managment retains some non-Italian staff !!!
  • Why wouldn't STR retain the core engineering staff? after all they want to run a racing team don't they?
  • after all they want to run a racing team don't they?
    Questionable.
  • I think the new car will look like a can of Red Bull, with a steering wheel as the ring pull, and bottletops for wheels.
  • but I do't think it will fly.....:hehe:
  • Why wouldn't STR retain the core engineering staff?
    Well Petrol, several non-Italian staff have been sacked or have left.
    Several people on this forum subtly hinted to signs that RB want to turn this team into completely Austro-Italo !!!!

Now we finally have proof that it's NOT so !!!!
  • MEDIA INFORMATION 12 January 2006

JEREZ TEST - DAY 2

Circuit : Jerez de la Frontera - 4.428 km
    Car : RBR1-04
    Driver: Scott Speed
    Laps: 65
    Best time: 1.20.970

Having previously completed a couple of days testing with the team at the tail end of 2005,
    Scott Speed returned to the cockpit of a Scuderia Toro Rosso car for the second and final day
    of the Jerez test, taking over from Tonio Liuzzi.

"Things did not go as well as yesterday," commented Team Principal, Franz Tost. "This was
    primarily because of several Red Flag periods caused by other cars. But we also lost about an
    hour with a fuel pressure problem while Scott was doing some set-up work, as we then had to
    change the fuel pump. Nevertheless Scott was able to do a reasonable number of laps and,
    overall, these two days have given us a good basis on which to prepare for our next test,
    starting on 25th January in Barcelona."

• hey at least they are TALKING to the club system. Maybe, just maybe we should see how this develops. perhaps there is more than meets the eye.. perhaps the more of the people we supported are still there. Only time cane tell.
  • Talking? They just got hold of the email list.