Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi man Costa

Aldo had full control of the new TOIT car. Implication being Todt and Brawn lay most of the blame for 2005 with the tyres.

Not so sure myself - neither is Aldo by the look of the changes he's made to the diffuser and wings.

[Edited on 25/1/2006 by viges]

Comments

• The 248 does look pretty good, doesn't it? I've always admired that design team's work and there's no reason to believe this this one won't be as good as the 2002 or 2004. I love the sort of combination of gradual steps from the F2002 'model' alongside some interesting innovations. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of Michael Schumacher on the podium this season..
  • I'm sorry, but the presence of that shovel front wing suggests that Aldo's not cracked this formula. Problem is with a weaker technical package than renault and Macca it looks like another lean year.
  • I think the tyre stops favour TOIT in a big way. Hopefully Williams too.
  • I think Aldo spent too much time looking at the Renault rear for ideas.

I agree with PT, if that is the front wing that they will be campaigning, then good luck. It just looks like an afterthought. Apart from that the car looks good.

Now for that Ugly Honda!!!

Please Williams, get your Windtunnels in order. I reckon you can embarrass some of the big boys.

I wonder if STR will be allowed to beat RBR if the situation arises?
  • Panties unbunched please, Petrol.
    The front wing seen so far is similar to the 2005 wing, although this will change as Costa confirmed the "aerodynamics are still at a preliminary stage and will be until the first race of the season".
  • I wonder if STR will be allowed to beat RBR if the situation arises?
    I wonder if RBR will be allowed to beat Ferrari if the situation arises?
    Now for that Ugly Honda!!!
    lol it almost looks like something from about 1998. Perhaps the price of fuel has forced them to wheel out the old Tyrrell?
  • For fear of stating the obvious; my point is that Costa seems unsure as to what is the best wing configuration. Bear in mind everything flows from this.
    The 248 looks like an amalgam of his ideas married to Bryne's. Best to have just done the car completely from his own concept. Just as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb if it all goes belly up!
  • "I mean, I've obviously kept in touch with what's been going on, and I've certainly been, you know, discussing aspects of it with him all the time. But, really, I have to say that our philosophies are pretty similar, and I can honestly say there's nothing on there that I have disagreed with.
  • There is some really nice detail work on the 248, for example the underside of the nose where the brackets run to the front wing and the rear-flip ups that make the car look very elegant and a cut above the sauber/honda/toyota. Whether it is fast is of course, another matter.