Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR Barca Test

BARCELONA TEST - DAY 1 25th January 2005

Circuit : Circuit de Catalunya - 4.627 km
Car : RBR1-04
Driver: Scott Speed
Laps: 85
Best time: 1.18.092

Well known resident of Fuschl, Austria - you can tell from his accent! - Scott Speed was at the
wheel today as Scuderia Toro Rosso tackles a two day test programme at a cold but sunny
Barcelona.

It was the team's first test of 2006 at this circuit and it proved to be a productive one with the
American driver, who celebrated his twenty third birthday yesterday, reeling off a comfortable 85
laps and setting a competitive time.

It was a cold day, with freezing temperatures in the early morning, so after an installation lap, the
team concentrated on keeping warm, until the track temperature indicated it was time to get down to
business. Work centred on set-up, as Speed and his engineers concentrated on an aero programme,
assessing different ride heights and front and rear wing settings, on their way to finding a
satisfactory balance for the car.

"Apart from being happy with the work we got through today, I am also pleased with Scott's
performance, as it is clear that he has really stepped up his fitness levels in recent weeks,"
commented Team Manager, Massimo Rivola. "It was also encouraging to see how the team is
shaping up. We have plenty of new young guys, "the Young Toros" as we call them, who are new
to the team and it was obvious that they are really motivated to do a good job."

Tomorrow, Tonio Liuzzi takes over at the wheel.

- ends -

Comments

• Massimo Rivola !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • :D Great to see Massimo Team Manager!
  • Team Manager? Bravo Massimo. You know, he'll need a job to hold him over until GCM gets started back up again.
  • It is great to see Massimo's name in ther and Jello make a good point, he has a family to feed till '08 but I doubt the words "the young Toro's" have ever passed his lips...
  • BARCELONA TEST - DAY 2 26 January 2006

Circuit : Circuit de Catalunya - 4.627 km
    Car : RBR1-04
    Driver: Tonio Liuzzi
    Laps: 93
    Best time: 1.17.600

A trouble-free day with no reliability issues meant that Tonio Liuzzi's return to the cockpit saw him
    rack up an impressive 93 laps of the track that hosts the Spanish Grand Prix on 14th May.
    Hopefully, it will be a bit warmer for the race, as it was cold enough to freeze the castanets off a
    flamenco dancer today!

"We now have a lot of data to study back in Faenza," said Chief Engineer Laurent Mekies. "Today,
    Tonio carried out a wheel rim evaluation to help us decide which ones we will use for the coming
    season. We also ran an aero validation of some parts that we will use on the new car. In addition,
    we looked at control systems, in terms of establishing what the driver requires in terms of traction
    control, diff mapping and engine braking. Tonio found a reasonable balance with the car, apart from
    suffering a bit too much oversteer. However, the most positive lesson from the last two days, is that
    we are really beginning to work together as a team."
  • well done to Massimo!
  • I have some trucks in the Barcelona aera today and the drivers tell me it's snowing there !!!!!!!!!!!

So, no real testing today !