Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Forza Jos

http://63.246.1.145/images/lowres/05a1gp07d/d06a1rsa860.jpg

On a Mickey Mouse track in Durban, Jos well and truly earned his first A1 win (his first pro win since ... well, I don't know).

Jaani threw it away on the last lap and Jos pounced. Alex had earlier spun out to cap a 'troubled' weekend.

In the first race, Jos almost won with an audacious move. It meant he started way back in the main race. Overtaking is an art - particularly on a tiny street circuit.

Comments

• I watched the sprint race. And then figured he would never have a chance at the feature race, so I looked up the result before they started the rerun.

It was a well deserved win.

The car looked interesting too, it had a nose of team India on it :)
  • What a day!

You gotta love this everything or nothing attitude :D

First victory since 1993 (German F3). More to follow soon let's hope ;)

Forza Jos!!! image
  • congratulations to jos...a well deserved win!

he broke the french monotony well and true.
  • A gutsy fearless drive by Jos resulting in a well deserved win.

Jos's passing attempt in the Sprint left him stranded on the track at the expense of certain points. The look on his team members faces, first of thrill and pride followed by almost unbelief as it all came apart was priceless, like the look on the Englsih pit guy looking around wondering what happened to his airgun and hose :) :) (priceless!!). TV watchers had enjoyed watching the hose flaying around behind the British car as it sped around the circuit.

In the main event, Jos gave the fans what we all like to watch, victory snatched in the final moments.

I guess Jos will give India some of those points for the borrowed nose cone ;););), as the fiirst nose across the line was clearly marked IND. :D:D

Spin

[Edited on 30/1/2006 by Dr_Spin]
  • I'm sad to say I missed it...but I'm happy to hear some good news from Jos finally !! Well done.
  • it was a great race! I love A1gp!

You can still watch it here: http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/a1gp/archive/2005/durban/a1gp_durban_encoder_1-2.wvx

[Edited on 30/1/2006 by vuurmuur]
  • He made a great remark when one of the reporters corrected him. "We're here to race, not to learn the language." :D

Gotta love it.
  • well done indeed
  • It was a ballsy manouver, both times.

This was the first whole A1 weekend I followed, and I must say I think I'm hooked....Excitement all the way...

and a good 5th place for Simpson on home turf.

Bernie and the boys had better get their heads out their arses.