Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Test Times

I know the age old adage is that one can't take notice of Winter test times.
But it looks like Renault will have the bechmark car again this season. Its got last year's reliability and the team seem to have made it quicker.

Comments

• It seems that Honda is right where Renault is.
  • Honda/BAR are always fast in winter. They must fit a test-spec tank, or something
  • BTW did anyone see the times posted by RBR. Methinks that car has the whiff of a shit box about it. How often have we seen a team taken over do respectably in the first year only to spiral downwards afterwards.
    Where does that leave STR if RBR are haemorrhaging money? On the market !
  • Last winter Renault were fast in testing and Mclaren seemed not so fast but reliable. And then...
  • Petrol,

The RBR02, designed by Mark Smith, has cooling problems.
    Last season, Jordan's EJ15B(?), also had cooling problems and also was designed by Mark Smith.

Is he a hot guy or what????
  • It is still way too early to start thinking about anything other than what is obvious.

It is obvious that Renault are still there making sensible, incremental gains to a proven product.

It is obvious that TOIT lost their proven product and are not going well in finding a replacement.

It is obvious that RBR drove the evolution of the Jaguar experience last year, and that this year's car will be the one that the team is measured on.

Other than that, we HEAR that Honda will have a quick car (but we know that Japanese engineers always blame the driver when an engine blows and therefore make little ground in regard to reliability), so quick for how many laps becomes the real question. We HEAR that Williams have a really slippery car this year, but who's actually saying that? We HEAR that Minardi could be mid-field contenders based on the overall superiority of the V10 engine. What that means is that any ground that they do make on the field will be blurred because they will use the V10 even though they should have designed a V8 car.

Personally, I believe that there will be a veritable gaggle of six teams that will be capable of producing cars on a given day, on a given track, that will be capable of leading; but that the incremental gains car will blow them off again.
  • Have we heard that STR are going to be running anything other than a further evolution of the jaguar experience?
  • Yes, they are building something from scratch. Not a RB01 (Jag) or PS05. Let's see if it is similar to the RB02?
  • Minardi?
    Minardi will use V8 Zytek this year and run for the win!
  • Today's times from Jerez seem to indicate that Midland hasn't improved over the winter !!!!
  • What the....:o
  • Today's times from Jerez seem to indicate that Midland hasn't improved over the winter !!!!
    Improved their cooking skills? I know you don't mean their car..
  • Personally, I smell arat. STR are testing this week with the old RB1. Why do this if they are producing a new car/ concept. If STr think they can paint an RB 1 a different colour and claim its their car they are in for a shock. I doubt Midland will allow it.
    It was madness of the FIA to allow teams to continue running V10s.
    You can't draw too many conculsions as a result of this test. I found it positive for M1 that they managed to do over 70 laps with reasonable speed. To my regret I remember less succesfull starts by Minardi...