Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Moseley Interview

I read his interview in Yesterday's Evening Standard. In the interest of Brevity I'll precis it. Basically he has suggested that any manufacturer signing up to the FIA after after 2008 will not be inline for revenue payments. NOW HERE@S THE RUB..ignore the fact that such a move is illegal under Europen law. The real bombshell is that DiMontezemolo came out after that and said that TOIT should be considered to be an Independent. Now I wonderwhy?
Folks there may be a possible rapprochement between the FIA and the GPMA but only if Moseley steps down and his proposals thrown out. If not I think there will be a schism that will ultimately cost money to the sport. I can't see the track owners or the TV companies forking out much money for a spec formula!

Comments

• This is the stick to go with Bernie's latest carrot isn't it?
  • Probably, but will it work?
  • It usually does. Propose something outrageous to achieve a lesser aim.
  • I still think we need Paul for president :)
  • While Max continues to spout off:

The manafacturers have bought out another privateer, and established yet another as a junior team, and a new junior team is (apparently) about to join.

That leaves F1 with Ferrari/Redbull/STR and a vacillating Williams/Cosworth hardly the basis for a viable championship.

The would-be emperor simply has no clothes...
  • And Midland as well.
  • Petrol, you are absolutely right on this one. Can't agree more.

Now how the hell is TOIT supposed to be independent? don't they manufacture cars anymore?

who are they trying to kid, morons!
  • regarding Midland, Kolles made these comments at the M16 launch, that seem to point to an alignment with Toyota.

Q: Is there any chance with your Toyota links that Midland could become a Toyota junior team or bring in Toyota's young drivers?

Kolles: "Time will show. Everything is possible. It depends also on the regulations and depends on a lot of things. At the moment we are independent. We have Toyota as an engine supplier and as a partner. We are very happy with this situation.

"The relationship is improving and getting closer. We have more people from Toyota involved in the team and that is what is happening at the moment. What will happen in the future is just speculation at the moment."

• Midland doesn't want to be up shit creek without a paddle in 2007 so they're trying to 'steal' Toyo engines from Williams.

That's how I read it, at least.
  • Can anyone remember the comments that Max said when he dismissed Paul Stoddarts pleas for a fairer distribution of TV monies?

I'm sure Mosely wouldn't have had this idea if Paul Stoddart and Minardi were still in F1.