Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A1: Lauda out, Friesacher in

Comments

• should make austria more competitive, mathias lauda isn't exactly a carbon copy of his old man...
  • Remember when we were at Minardi fest '05 - he was a moving chicane in both GP2 races!

Man, Laguna Seca will be GREAT!
  • not sure whether he'll also race at laguna...
  • I'm glad for patrick. He deserves a chance.

ps I'm still alive
  • It would be odd for him to race in Mexico and then be replaced by Lauda at Seca.... - extra airfare etc etc. From a cost standpoint it would make sense for him to do both North American events.
  • Hopefully he´ll win the race. That way there´s no way Lauda will ever get back in that car.

Wishful thinking I guess...
  • And then there were four.

but clearly Minardi has made no contrabution to motorsport.
  • A1 GP.com also reports on Team Switzeland's Neel Jani being replaced for 2 races by Giorgio Mondini :

The 25-year-old is being given his chance in the silver, white and red car as Jani will be standing down after a pace-setting run that includes victory in the sprint race in Dubai and two pole positions thus far so that he can take up his test-driving duties with the new
    :rolleyes: Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula 1 team :rolleyes: where he will join forces with former A1 Team USA racer Scott Speed.

• While trying to contact Patrick re his appearance at Seca I got this reply from the Austria A1 Team:

"Thanks for the email. Patrick actually only competed in A1 for one race in
    Mexico. Regular team driver Mathias Lauda will be back in the car for Laguna
    Seca. Sorry to disappoint you. "

Bummer
  • would have thought so...