Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

COMMONWEALTH GAMES

I noticed nobody opened up this new topic - where are the Aussies?

Comments

• Where here, and kicking arse. We'll let the rest of the Commonwealth fight over the stuff we're not interested in.
  • haha a tournament invented to make the english and the aussies feel good ;-)

big it up for my course mate marilyn who will run the 800 metres
  • What's the point.

I just don't understand how the Aussies can get so excited over a walk-up start.

Mind you, the Poms and Scots men have not done badly in the pool at all.
  • "haha a tournament invented to make the english and the aussies feel good ;-) "

Isn't that why they put speed skating in the Snowy Olympics, so the Dutch could win stuff. It isn't working the poms at the moment either. ;)
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    haha a tournament invented to make the english and the aussies feel good ;-)
    Australia Population.......... about 20 Million
    Pommyland population...... about 80 Million

That means you guys should have about 4 times as many medals as us, right!

If THAT makes you feel good, I must have read the medal tally wrong.
  • forza is Dutch/Austrian, not a Pom.
  • I, however, am a sport-loving Pom and could not care less about the Empire Games.

I'm sure it's wonderful if one is partcipating; they all seem to be having a good time and Melbourne is doing its usual fab job.

I am bound to say there is a true sense of community which cannot be said of other defunct European empires. The Republic of Ireland and the USA are welcome back whenever they want.
  • It seperates us awesome Welsh from the pathetic English.
  • I tell you what is awesome Viges, me old mucka. They managed to have the thing without stuffing up the traffic on my way to and from work (any more than it already is of course).

Got a bit into it last night when Liesel Jones did her thing. She really is unbelievable. Takes .6 seconds off her own world record in a 100m event. A privellege to watch. Looking at the Oz female swim team reminds me a bit of the Chinese girl swimmers in their brief, augmented heydey. Without getting too detailed, where are their girly bits? Scary.
  • It's a shame the A1 GP series is still going at the moment. I can think of about 8 teams who could have staged a small race during the Commonwealth games. Just think, the games are in Melbourne, the Grand Prix circuit is already set up...would have made an interesting spectacle, even if the grid was small.
  • It's silver - Malta got its first medal!

Let's go for more!
  • "I, however, am a sport-loving Pom"

That must make for a bleak existence. :D
  • Maaate, have ya seen the Ashes?
  • We can see them on the horizon, being packed up for their inevitable return to Australia this summer. ;)
  • Yeah mate, we lent 'em to ya so your blokes could all go and get their gongs from Her Maj, and make them feel like they've achieved something in their miserable lives. hehehe

Note to whoever is captaining the English cricket team this week if you don't mind passing it on for us thanks. Don't forget to pack the things when you journey this way, 'cause they won't be going back. :)
  • ........and the gold medal list for absconding athletes is...........Africa; headed by Sierra Leonne 7 Tanzania and Bangladesh on one each.

Yep, it's the new sport of 'Become an Athlete and Find a New Life'. Sierra Leonne is the leading sporting nation in BAFNL, having also scored highly in Manchester in this discipline.

Ah.....make's ya laugh.
  • Hey viges, while packing up the ashes to come back to it's spiritual home, you might as well pack the Rugby World Cup, because it sure aint staying.

The Comm games sort of reminds me of a schools sport carnival. However, when kids go missing it's to have a puff on cigaretes, here when athletes go missing their looking for asylem (I think that's how you spell it).

Hey, who can blame them wanting to leave England.
  • Gawd bless you all.

I wouldn't be so cocky about the Ashes quite yet; an injury-depleted England team have just scored a famous victory in Bombay. Great Test match.

Roo, you are absolutely right on the rugger ... but who cares?
  • Originally posted by Lease
    What's the point.

I just don't understand how the Aussies can get so excited over a walk-up start.

Mind you, the Poms and Scots men have not done badly in the pool at all.
    *Sigh* I just wish they would pronounce Roland's name when he wins his golds