Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Too Late to Help Us

This won't help the Euro 3000 Series BUT Monza will be a go:

Monza mayor: noise agreement reached

By Michele Lostia Saturday, March 25th 2006, 16:31 GMT

The mayor of Monza and residents of the Italian town have reached an agreement that will allow motor racing to continue visiting the historic circuit.

According to Monza mayor Michele Faglia, a meeting between the local authorities and the families who complained against the track's noise levels has ended on a positive note, with a written agreement in place that will be submitted to the district court.

A Milan court ruled last November that all competitions will be temporarily banned at Monza unless a suitable system to reduce the noise levels will be implemented. Earlier this month, an Italian civil court magistrate upheld the ban.

However, attempts have been made to reach an out-of-court settlement between the circuit and local officials, and the complaining residents.

According to Faglia, the Monza authorities and residents have "agreed on two points: to study an action plan that will allow the autodrome to carry out its activity with limitations applied to events with high acoustic impact, and to mitigate acoustic pollution with noise-absorbing barriers built by specialized companies."

Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport reports today that the document will be submitted to judge Marco Manunta with a request to revoke the court ban.

The next court hearing on the matter is scheduled for March 30th.

Comments

• Monza was the only GP where I can go this year...

:(:(