Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Arabian Humour on April Fools...

from a1gp.com

01/04/2006 - Taking racing to the people wherever they may be is the key to the second series of A1 Grand Prix, starting at the A1 Grand Prix of Nations, Circuit Park Zandvoort, Netherlands at the start of October. And so is breaking new ground as the A1GP circus sets its sights on a series of venues that have never been used for motor racing before.

Many of these new venues will require specific regulations to draw the most from the 550bhp racers. For the Venice street race, crew catering will serve only Cornettos. For the hill climb in Tibet, half the field will start the course from the bottom, the other half from the top. For the night race in Lapland, huskies are to be used in place of scooters for moving items around the paddock. Cars will arrive flatpacked for the Ikea Cup race in Narnia, so extra time will be required for their assembly. Sniffer dogs will be used in place of marshals for the race in Baghdad to find any explosives in the cargo. Should any freight issues arise from the event in the Falklands, the event will be moved to Ascension Island. No one with hairy ears will start the races in Middle Earth until their ears have been plucked. Finally, fireproof overalls will be replaced by water wings for the Bikini Atoll extravaganza.

So, remember, A1 Grand Prix takes you places you've never been before.

A1 GRAND PRIX SERIES TWO DATES
29 September-1 October A1 Grand Prix of Nations, Circuit Park Zandvoort, Netherlands
13-15 October Venice street race (this replaces the round at Laguna Seca)
27-29 October Tibetan hill climb
3-5 November Kabul
24-26 December Lapland (night race)
5-7 January Narnia (for the Ikea Cup)
19-21 January A1 Grand Prix of Nations, USA - to be held in Baghdad (or Teheran)
26-28 January Canvey Island
12-14 February The Latvian round - to be held on the Isle of Dog (innit!)
26-28 February Falkland Islands
23-25 March Middle Earth 'the Ring'
6-8 April Bikini Atoll
20-22 April South Central LA (drive-by penalties will be enforced)

Date of release: April 1, 2006, Shanghai, China

Comments

• CORNY!!!!...... :)

I saw it too on the official A1GP website....
  • Somebady had some spare time. Funny.
  • Though Zandvoort could be used as a race track, not too creative on putting that one on their, but the rest is amusing.
  • they had already announced it as the first race before... they will race there, it's not part of the joke
  • Was the Iranian President consulted on this?????!:)
  • Just ordered my tickets for Zandvoort :D