Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

F3000 at Adria

Minardi's qualify 2nd and 5th!

Report - Adria Qualifying

Comments

• Good stuff!
  • This Rocha guy seems pretty good- he did OK last year when he had the opportunity. I hope they go for running a 3rd car once Roldan is back.

Now for back to back victories!
  • Nice. Please forgive me for asking, but how many cars are in this championship?
  • ADRIA - Race 1: Bonanomi's domination

From euroseries300.com:

Fisichella Motorsport and Marco Bonanomi on top in the first heat on the Adria Raceway. Bonanomi gained the first spot on lap 4. Paolo Nocera, after a great start, made a mistake entering too fast at the "Cavanella" turn, and gave way to his team-mate and Tuka Rocha. Bonanomi started a progression of fast laps (1'08"193 the fastest lap of the race) , pulling away early from the rest of the group . The brazilian Rocha gained the second spot for the new Minardi team after a slow start, in front of Nocera and Caceres. Matteo Cressoni, who fought hard the uruguayan in the first laps, was too aggressive and spun, falling in ninth place. The top positions got steady in the second half of the race, with Bonanomi increasing his advantage up to nearly 20 seconds. Fifth place for Giacomo Ricci, who started eight and attacked heavily, passing Petrov and Martini. Stefano Gattuso was eight, in front of Cressoni, Puglisi and Solieri. In addition to Bellarosa, who was not able to get on the grid due to an engine failure, two drivers had to retire: Gavin Cronje, whose rear wing collapsed on lap 6, and Francesco Dracone, who came back at Euronova's garage with technical issues. "I tried to push hard, and improve from a not perfect start; I also wanted to show my talent to Giancarlo and Enrico" said Bonanomi. Next challenge is set to start tomorrow, with Race 2. Gattuso will start on pole position, with Martini on his side, but an huge fight is expected again between the two top teams, Minardi and Fisichella. Bonanomi shoud watch himself not only from Rocha and Caceres, but also from his two, really fast, team-mates.

second position is good, but Bonanomi is very strong!:o

• I tried to push hard, and improve from a not perfect start; I also wanted to show my talent to Giancarlo and Enrico"
    Nice!!! He could be the next big Italian eh Salvo!
  • Good Job Minardi!

I can't wait to see the tapes they are sneding us!

BTW - the Giancarlo Bonanomi was referring to was Fisi - he owns FMS.

Lookout for OUR boys tomorrow though.
  • RJ - why is this not FRONT PAGE NEWS?????????????????
  • GCM's Comment-

Giancarlo Minardi
    "It's always great to come back on track, especially if you made that your life for more than 25 years: it's like trying to get younger! This championship is proving to be very interesting; there are a lot of cars iwithin one second, it could become a great challenge, we hope so"

BTW - the Giancarlo Bonanomi was referring to was Fisi - he owns FMS.
    Oh ya Oops.
  • Originally posted by Stan
    Nice. Please forgive me for asking, but how many cars are in this championship?
    Currently 14 but 17 expected for Imola next month

• RJ - why is this not FRONT PAGE NEWS?????????????????
    did not see a press release anywhere
  • I guess this is kind of a historic time having Minardi on the podium? I really think this is great. Congrats to all involved in the rebirth of Minardi!
  • Any information about italian televisions airing this race??
  • Is anyone admiring the self control?
  • Yes, I was. But defeat is only when you stop fighting, and Minardi hasn't stopped fighting, has he?

Having the team is what is going to keep Forzaminardi going. It is the thing that sets us apart from all the other ex teams. Alain Prost is still in shock, Jordan is spouting bullshit from a yacht somewhere, Walkinshaw prowls the underworld trying to get Beelzebub to sell him his soul back. Stoddart (bless him) is still trading in ifs and maybes, like the rag and bone man of dreams that he always was (nothing wrong with that, by the way).

Our man just needs to hear engines and smell motor oil. That is what made Minardi great in the first place. Gathering everything up and starting again is possibly the most impressive thing in the history of Minardi. They may fall down again. There will be bad days. But I, fool that I am, think it's fantastic.
  • 4th and 6th for Minardis in Race 2 at adria

• Our man just needs to hear engines and smell motor oil. That is what made Minardi great in the first place. Gathering everything up and starting again is possibly the most impressive thing in the history of Minardi. They may fall down again. There will be bad days. But I, fool that I am, think it's fantastic.
    Nicely put Silver!
  • Forza Minardi! Through a heat haze of many years, I can see Michele, Sandro and Piero. They called it Formula Two then ...

(btw Adrian Campos's team had a great start to the GP2 year with a podium at Valencia. Piquet and Hamilton are the ones to watch though).
  • ADRIA - Race 2: first win for Giacomo Ricci

First victory for Giacomo Ricci in race 2, on the Adria Speedway. After a disappointing qualifying session, and a fifth place in Race one, Ricci gained the lead on lap 1, passing Gattuso and Martini. The driver of the number 2 FMS car posted several fastest laps at first, then controlled the situation while Paolo Nocera scored his second podium in his F3000 debut. Stefano Gattuso was good third, trying to resist from the comebach of a trio formed by Rocha, Bonanomi and Caceres. The battle took place mainly on the final stages: on lap 24 Bonanomi passed Rocha, but they were suddenly overtaken by Caceres, who profited from a moment of confusion. Bonanomi succesfully made a desperate attack to Caceres in the final lap, but lost the position for passing on a safety space. Matteo Cressoni was the only driver to retire after spinning and hitting Oliver Martini in lap 2. The Avelon driver was forced to make a pit-stop and lost one lap. The extreme cleanlines from the racers paired with the excellent technical level: the fastest laps of the first seven cars varied from 1'09"105 to 1'09"789. Seventh position went to Ganin Cronje, who came back from the last place and passed Petrov, Solieri, Dracone and Puglisi. Euronova's battling duo closed in 8th and 9th place, in front of Solieri, Petrov and Martini. "I'm really happy now. I want to thank all the crew at Fisichella Motorsports, and all my sponsors.... it's my first victory and it's a very special emotion. The reverse grid helps a lot when you have some problems. I think I was able to profit frm the situation in the best way", said Ricci, visibly satisfied. The new challenge is set to start in the first weekend of may, in Imola. Bonanomi, the standings leader, will have to watch out not only from his two team-mates, but also from the Minardi squad, looking for the first victory of the new era.

Oh and hey nice quote there Silverghost. Says the way some of us feel!

• (btw Adrian Campos's team had a great start to the GP2 year with a podium at Valencia. Piquet and Hamilton are the ones to watch though).
    fellow Bath student Jason Tahinci didn't even make it off the grid... better next time
  • Fisico also has a team in GP2 - busy boy.
  • GP2 was really exciting. I enjoy it more then watching F1.
    F1 is better in news, rumors and politics though !!!! ;)

Btw, did you see Adam Carrol flying ???
  • Yes, he leapt over the back of an ailing Campos car. He's a top lad (as some of us witnessed at Imola last year) but Lewis Hamilton is the Brit to watch.

Great to see the return of slicks ... coming to the big boys soon.
  • Both Carroll and Valles had almost no tyres left and that' s what caused the accident.

Bridgestone must really look at their compounds, because when GP2 goes to hotter countries (like Turkey) there could be worse accidents !!!!!
  • Excellent results for Minardi in both races, lets hope for a few wins before Silverstone which is looking more likely that I can get there
  • Where can I find some photos?:D
  • Some test for the team...

Four teams set for Valencia testing:

Four teams will be testing in Valencia next week, to prepare for the second Euroseries 3000 race. The two days (24th and the 25th) will see AutoSport Racing, Avelon, Minardi and Euronova turn back on their engines after the first fight in Adria. All managers will bring on track their top drivers: Bielli's squad is scheduled to have Stefano Gattuso and Gavin Cronje, Ivan Bellarosa and Oliver Martini will test for Avelon (owned by Ivan's father, Giovanni). Vincenzo Sospiri is set to display all his three racers, Dracone, Puglisi and Petrov, while in Minardi Roldan Rodriguez will be back on his car (together with Caceres) after the being substituted by Tuka Rocha in the first race. Everyone wants to be ready for Imola, the 7th of May...