Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2008 Thought

With 22 entries for 2008 why doesn't the FIA create a secondary series (B). Teams would race prior to the primary series which would allow fans to see double the action. The two lowest teams at the end of the season in the primary series would drop to the secondary series and two teams would move up to the primary series. ( The points to determine this would be a combination of Driver and Constructors) The same FIA rules and car configurations would apply to the B Series. Not a watered down F3000 or GP2 etc etc.

Benefits:

1. More racing for fans who are paying $$$$$$ for tickets and only seeing 1 1/2 of action.
2. More commercial opportunities for F1. (which in the end is what is driving F1)
3. New Teams & New Drivers. Fresh faces and teams. I am tired of reading the same stories and quotes year after year from the current teams.
4. The racing at the back of the grid in the Primary Series would be amazing. Big incentive to not drop to Secondary Series.

Problems:

1. TV revenue? Would there be enough to support Secondary Series
2. Space at tracks to handle more Teams. I think this would be the major problem. But it possibly could be worked around.

Anyway just a thought. It kills me that there is so much interest from new players and only 1 will have an opportunity to participate in 2008.

Comments

• Yes, I agree with you in principle. Two words regarding new teams though; Andrea Moda.

As for promotion/relegation (and we are of course speaking hypothetically here) you tend to get the same teams bouncing up and down, not least because they have the funding to ensure they can survive a year in the lower category. My two examples would be English football and county cricket. In fact, teams relegated from the Premiership are given a 'parachute' payment to ensure they can get back up again.
  • LOL, Andrea Moda, hope he hasn't put in an application after reading his last foray into F1! I really doubt the people who have applied could be that bad. Although there was also the Lola debarcle.