Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Poor Webbo!

He a had a heck of a race until his Cossie let him down again. Next time, mate, next time.

Comments

• I'm really disappointed about him. He was doing well, except for that mistake when kimi overtook him. Great overtaking by Fisico.
  • The COSSIE DID NOT FAIL! His car exhaust overheated. Thats down to the team I'm afraid.
  • Strewth! Big disappointment for the boy Webbo. Off to Renault next year, methinks.

Bravo Alonso and DC.
  • Gutted for Mark. I even had the wife sitting beside me enthralled in how he'd end up until just minutes before the retirement when she went to bed.

He's lost at least 2 certain podiums, possibly a third, and possibly his maiden win today from some part of his car letting him down this year. :(

A Big THUMBS DOWN to Fisichella and to a leseer extent DC who ignored numerous waved blue flags when they were being lapped. Webber was held up for at least 1 laps behind DC and TWO behind Fisi who clearly didn't like a Williams lapping him and showing everyone JUST HOW FUCKING SLOW he damn well is. On your bike Fisi, off to touring cars and not a moment too soon. :mad:

Anyway, it didn't matter, at least Mark took it out on the steering wheel. ;)
  • My blood pressure was thru the roof when Fisi, the arrogant knob who chastised JV for slowing him up, deliberatey held up Webber. I was ready to do.........................................................................I don't know, something, when I saw the smoke.

Sir Frank, what's with the reliability?

Why is it when the car is at the pointy end of a race it fails?

Oh well, bring on Silverstone.

Viges, I hope your going, and bring some Carltons with you. It's his only salvation...
  • That was a real shame. Webbo was on for a big result. He was also the heaviest qualifier and had more fuel on board for the second stint. Very frustrating to watch, I can't imagine what he must of felt!

That blue flag scenario must be investigated, that was way out of line. DC and Fisi have to repremanded and the officials really have to lift their game
  • BTW. I think it is a bit rich that Williams haven't offered to take up the option on Mark's contract yet. THat is a bit insulting conisdering he is DELIVERING, it's the team that are not up to the benchmark.

Go to a team (Renault) that will give you the tools you deserve.
  • yep - top drivers deserve top cars.

I think last night finally showed that Mark is worthy of being put in the upper echelon of GP drivers.

Equal to MS, Alonso & Kimi......... and a level above Fisi, Montoya and Button.
  • Just saw a quote from Flavio, where he praises Webber for his race.................wonder if there is more to it.
  • Webber had a really great race as did M. Schumacher.......
    I expected Mark much sooner for his pitstop !
    But how does it come that Button has all sorts of problems to follow his teammate (who was dead and buried earlier on this forum;))
  • Webber and Kovalainen would make a very strong line up at Renault for '07. If the Kimster's off to Ferrari, as predicted, then what would be a better option? Fisico, Trulli, Ralfie, DC, Moantoya, MadMassa, all had their chances. Heidfeld is bought up. The next rank doesn't seem to have any superstars (maybe possibly Rosberg).
  • So Rosberg had the same problem as Webbo??
  • I'm sorry but Webber's no where near the Kimster or Alonso on performance or did'nt you see the mistake at Ste Devote that allowed the Kimster through?
  • Crap.
  • Originally posted by SuperRoo
    Just saw a quote from Flavio, where he praises Webber for his race.................wonder if there is more to it.
    Yeah, it's called a management deal.
  • Poor Webbo, yeah, yeah, yeah.

It is true that the car has let him down this year. It is also true that he is one of the quickest steerers around. That mistake at Yoong Corner though, is just one in a lengthening line of boo-boos that separate the greats, from the pretenders. I reckon that Webber is another Mansell actually. If he gets the car, he may make it, who knows?

At Monaco, Williams I think realised that they got their strategy wrong. If Webber had had another five laps of fuel, he would have slotted back in first after the first stint with the laps he was able to do. They got it right for the second stint, but too late, too late.

Alonso by comparison drove perfectly. In the first stint he played with the times to try to get Kim to stuff up. Then, when his second set of tyres didn't perform, he drove around the middle of the track. Oh, and he won the race in a car that wasn't the fastest on the day.

Go to Renault son; they pay better. And at the end of the day, that's all that might matter.

PS - RJ, you should be arrested for soliciting.

[Edited on 30-5-0606 by Lease]
  • I'm afraid I don't buy into the blue flag nonsense. Traffis IS MONACO. How you deal with it separates the men from the supermen.
    PS Did anyone see Rosberg punt the Williams into the Barrier at Anthony Noghes? He claimed the throttle stuck open... yeah right. I've got my doubts about him.
  • Apparently Rosberg had the same failure Webber did - melted wiring - except it manifested itself on his car by creating a sticking throttle.
  • ok i don't agree with button. he was just slow. rubens even on his awful days was still way ahead of the midlands. button only beat albers by about 7 seconds and albears had a drive through.

Webber was awesome. I felt bad for him when he retired.

Kimi. strong drive.

Alonso. reducing my respect for him every race.

There wasn't any blue flags and fissichella was prob told by renault to hold webber up.

MS. Who says you can't overtake at monaco. he was awesome, even if his accident was deliberate. the race showed he's still the best. no one can do what he did.
  • [
    MS. Who says you can't overtake at monaco. he was awesome, even if his accident was deliberate. the race showed he's still the best. no one can do what he did.
    MS was on good form and the ferrari was working well which makes his qualifying antics even more pointless.

He was only 54 second behind at the finish. When you take into account that he would have been about 20 seconds behind starting the first lap due to the way the cars the spread and also the time lost waiting to overtake slow cars.
    He could have won the race or at least been on the podium from the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd row.