Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Where now for the Kimster?

It would be a crime if this guy does not nail down a championship. Of all the drivers on the grid at present he's driving the best.
Watching him walk back along the Monaco doc side and then go staright to his yacht tells me its over at McLaren.
His only real option is Renault. Best to avoid the nonsense down at Maranello.

Comments

• ... and what a nice yacht!
  • Nothing like a cosy afternoon tea with friends.............

Yes, seeing him on the boat I guess is his way of saying "I've had a gutfull, Norbert and Dennis".

I see Norbert is blaming the safety car period. Only problem with that is that no other car was affected, and Kimi had the same problem on Thursday.

You really have to wonder where McLaren's priorities lie. They seem to focus on image rather than the task at hand, that is to race. Who cares about diamond encrusted steering wheels or reflective chrome paint. This year has turned out to be another wasted opportunity.

Even though Alonso is talking McLaren up, secretely, he must be wishing he waited at least mid year before deciding.

Also heard a story that Webber was spotted at Macca's HQ about 3 weeks ago. Alonso & Webber, not bad...
  • Around this time of year, people are always talking about the one GP they would like to go to is Monaco. Then there are the reports that a beer and a coke is around $50.

The point being that you do actually need to be rich to take in this event.

So let's say that the lotto comes home and I'm in the big stuff. What I will be doing is paying the whatever to get some berthing on the waterfront. Of course, I'll bring my boat, not some super thingy, because I am a shit-stirrer:

"Allo.....yes ziss is ze arbour control booking offiss. Ah yeouw wernt a berss a cote de la piscine? Erv course, and whert widse erv vessel shall we expect? Less zan srie metterz!!!???"
  • Is that a MacGregor 26 in the photo (previous model)? I've been doing some reading about them lately...
  • Yes, but you're not allowed to make fun of it.
  • Never!

I have been researching yachts for time now and this one made to my 'shortlist' of bestbuys for the price.

They have a good review record from what I can tell and look pretty damn good if you ask me. The standaout comments have been that's it get a bit unstable in 25+ Knot winds, but is a great compromise between power and sail. And the interior is awesome for the size. THe best part is that it's trailerable.

Of course I've been just doing the theory, you get to live it!

I'm only sailing small Hobie catamarans at the moment, but one day.... :)
  • Yes Alonso did a grave mistake when he chose McLaren!!!!

Anyway, I would like to see Kimi in that red car!
  • Tas, they're a few organisations importing used ones at the moment, so you can pick 'em up for around $50k.

Sails like a slug actually, but it is easy to tow and we actually spend a few days at a time on ours, which says something for the live-aboard room.
  • i'm glad alonso will be out of the title fight next year. his head needs shrinking. last year i hated kim but now i have to admit i like him, he deserves to do well. If he goes to renault i hope he wins the champ.
  • "i'm glad alonso will be out of the title fight next year. his head needs shrinking. "

I agree, he is not the same Alonso we all knew in the glorious Minardi past.
  • I beg your pardon? He is exactly the same person who thought he was the best driver in 2001 and thinks he's the best driver now. What sets Alonso, Schumi and Raikkonen apart is the absolute belief they are the best.

I thought Alonso's restraint in the post-quali news conference was amazing.

I agree a move to McLaren looks a bit dicey.
  • I don't think the Kimster was having TEA. I thought I could a Finlandia bottle!