Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR pops its cherry

First points for the 'new team'.

Congrats boys - great to see Massimo celebrating on the prat perch.

[Edited on 3-7-06 by viges]

Comments

• Great news for them, but Williams are in very serious trouble.

They got beaten in a straight fight and finished dead last! I'm not sure what would have happened had there not been a Juan brain fade (that caused the carnage) but it's not good in Grove...

Now I read that Mark Webber may be going to RedBull with the team running renault engines and traction control. This is a very strange season
  • STR did nothing special.
    eight out of nine finishing cars is not special.
    if we were still at Minardi, we would have got the point too.
  • Neil, c'mon. Most of the guys in that garage ARE Minardi.

I didn't enjoy it in the way I enjoyed Zsolt in 2004 but its still good for Faenza.
  • bah, humbug
  • Neil_s, how many times did Minardi under Stoddart score points by simply being the last man standing. I say well done to the team at Faenza.
    As for Williams, they have imploded. Can't see them turning it around now. They are going the way of Lotus, Brabham et al.
  • Neil, didn't you notice Liuzzi actually OVERTOOK Rosberg ON TRACK !??!??!?!?
  • Seeing Massimo and Luca celebrate after the race was a Minardi moment for me.
  • got to be said its still good for the guys in Faenza and it was great to se Massimo on the pitwall
  • !!!!!!! Forza Faenza!!!!!!!
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    bah, humbug
    Agreed.
  • You don't impress me guys, sorry.
    For me, Berger's STR is not Minardi and Minardi is not STR!
    If you are happy, good luck to you, I am not.
  • I noted that Berger walked off almost sulking while Massimo and the boys celebrated. Here Here for the guys on the scuderia! Cheers to them!

I watched the race and was on a very active board at the Williams site. Seems that there are many pessimists there.

SFW said before the race that if he finished dead last then FIA should look at flexi wing infractions. ;)

Mark got knocked out and Nico's car was all over the place: understeer, oversteer, etc. Similar to the problems Scott Speed was complaining about leading up to the race. The STR team did great: give them the due the deserve. They even looked pretty decent in the qual's.

[Edited on 3-7-06 by bernie]
  • Lesson for crap teams - Always show up at Indy, and make sure your car stays together.

Williams have indeed shot out the back door. Michels must be looking down the barrell.

Dear Juan, what a guy.

Bit of an abberration all round though. wouldn't take too much from it.
  • So one question to you, do you consider a single point for STR satisfactory when you realise that behind STR there is a $$$$$$$ company. Ok, 1 point meant a lot to Minardi but to STR and Red Bull????????
  • Neil, the point is exactly this: STR did much better than us in the practice, because they have the financial backing, and the same way they finally got the point (remember Speed got a point in Nuerburgring as well, but was penalised to favour Coulthard......so a point IS important for Red Bull actually!).
    They are doomed to do better than us 'cause they have the money. And of course they are something totally different from Minardi.

But whay to keep hating them? here's really no point in that, and I'm sincerely happy for the Minardi guys who are still there !
  • "They are doomed to do better than us 'cause they have the money."

still they have not done better than us considering everything...
  • You can't compare Neil. No two seasons are the same.