Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Now somebody explain to me...

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by MCSF
    RJ - your analogy is not quite correct.

Imagine that the northern part of Mexico - T town and the like - was occupied and run by Al Queada. The Mexican government has given up trying to control the area much along the same lines as they do now.

Al Q and his buddies start lobbing missles into the US from there. We ask the Mexican gov't to do something about it but they do nothing. They do cross border raids into the US etc etc.

What do youthink we would do? Should do?

Funny thing is that this situation IS happening now. It is not Al Q and his buddies but human trafficking/drug smuggling gangs. To the point of recorded incidents where people dressed in Mexican Army gear and using military vehicles have crossed our border (to include one helicopter landing!) and the use of 50 caliber macchine guns on our Border Patrol!

And we do nothing.
    Another example of this was the US v. Mexico War of 1846-1848. Pretty similiar to those two cases.
  • Remember the Alamo!
  • Originally posted by MCSF
    Oh yes - they want to lose people. The Mexican govt hands out books - cartoon books - detailing (as much as a cartoon book can detail) how to get over the border, how to get work which groups will help you etc etc.
    But it's not really good for them in the long run. Losing citizens means less taxes, which means even less resources. It's not good for any economy to lose people.
  • well it depends what people you lose....
  • Just dragging this one back, rather than start a new debate.

I would be interested to know from the Bartmeister what he thinks in regard to the motivations of the players now tha this thing seems to be becomming under some sort of control?

From my point of view I've learned a lot more about who Hezbolah is, and what it is doing. Also saw what I reckon is just pure pent up aggression on the part of the Israelis, dressed up as strategic defense.

All up, this appears to be about Iran and Syria, more than Lebannon - not that that hasn't happenned before.
  • And now the Syrians are rattling sabre's - enough so that the Krauts recalled their envoy to Syria 'cause they were talking too much crap.