Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Poor Webbo

Seeing him retire when he was just about to bag a great result was not a nice sight. Poor guy, let's hope the car will stay together in Hungary and be equally quick. A podium seemed a possibility for most of the race today!

Comments

• Webbo should've had about 30 points by now and been top 6/7 in the WDC if his car ever bothered to hold up. :(

8 retirements now, 6 mechanical, 2 being stoved in someone else's accident - NONE yet from a Webber mistake. He is Mr Consistency this year after last year's poor run.

His talent is being wasted by Williams and I fear his motivation will wane unless he starts to get results he deserves.
  • He hasn't re-signed with Williams yet, btw.

From what i've heard, SFW hasn't taken up Mark's option (on the pre-set by Flav terms) but has instead offered Mark another deal on SFW's terms. Assume with that a lower than Flav-suggested salary. Bit of a slap in the face considering Mark's obvious committment ot Williams, but that's business F1-style I guess. :mad:

What chance Webber is off to McLaren or Renault?
  • Slim to none
  • It was a great drive. He was on for a big bag of points until th $30 part broke. The pass on Fisi was super clean and his lap times were on the limit.

He could go to either team, I think his 'stock' has just kept rising this year.
  • Saw an interview with Mark on RPM on Sunday by Peter Windsor. Windsor asked him about next year and as soon as he mentioned Renault, Webber's body language changed enormously.

Not saying he's going there, but the reaction to the suggestion was pretty strong.
  • He'll stay at Williams, on a reduced salary to take into account the situation at Williams.

He wants to win races and ultimately the WDC.

Mark Webber is a rare commodity amongst F1 drivers - the professional who really, really isn't in it just for the money.