Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

What about Albers?

I am still following Albers this year and i think he is doing a descent job with the Midland team, he is the only Midland driver who can fight with the Toro Roso's this season and he drove a pretty nice race today fighting with speed and beating Tiago Monteiro with 55 seconds, overall he is so much better then Tiago.
I met him last month and its going very well with him in person, still a nice guy, very normal and open to speak with and always in for a joke.
Hope he can make the next step next year, i think he is with Liuzzi the best yoong (expirince) driver at the moment.
What suprises me from Toro that its almost even as fast as the new Redbull 2 car with all the dollars invested in and all the good people, there must be working Minardi boys at that team!

Personally for me i have not a really strong connection with Toro Roso after the buy up, those Minardi days are over for me, can't regonize Minardi in Toro Roso at the moment, much colder atmosphere, but i like to see Liuzzi doing a goobjob and also Speed does the job. Do you guys know how many mechanics are still working from the old crew?

Bye guys, Maybe next year Minardi in Champcar:)

Comments

• *sound of crickets*

Start a Verstappen thread....... those fans have ESP that someone, somewhere is talking about their man. ;)
  • I'm not really an Albers fan. But he did drive really well the past few races, especially the last one
  • now he was disqualified because of a flexible wing...
  • I like Albers, I really like all of Midland in general. Sometimes he needs to think before he speaks, like when he said Doornbos didn't help the team all of last season, but he's extremely underrated on the track, as is Monteiro.
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    now he was disqualified because of a flexible wing...
    I think it's a pity that when Midland for the first time shows some flexibility in their race-strategy, they immediately get punished for it...;)

OT: Albers is improving the last couple of races. As if he's more sure about his racingfuture
  • I like Albers its nice to see him proving himself as a talented driver.I think with the car he as got he's doing a great job and started outclassing Monteiro alot more as the season goes by.
  • albers and monterio are both great with their sponsors and fans and are a credit to their team
  • I read a blip by Pantano - he is now reportedly looking to Champ cars or the IRl for a new life in racing - even though he seems to be doing OK in GP2. Basically he says the biggest mistake he ever made in racing was to sign the deal with Jordan.

I like Albers. He was nice enough to us when we met -although he liked to talk on his cell phone at dinner - but Midland might be the kiss of death for his F1 aspirtations.

James - what gives with Midlands BLATANT (IMHO) rip of the last gen Minardi font? It is really strange.
  • not sure but it looks terrible with that day glow orange
  • midland is starting to grow on me. we'll see whether they'll live to see next season
  • Grow on you like a fungus or like something good?

Although I'm not sure having things grow on you is particularly a good thing.
  • I don't understand the Midland hate. Not just here, but everywhere. They've been getting better and better all season, and the rumor that they aren't trying doesn't seem to be true at all. They've got two talented drivers, although Albers and Monteiro have different styles, and they seem fully commited to getting better.

What's not to like? Sure, Kolles has been a bit dumb in the past, but oh well.
  • I see Albers may be a Super Aguri pilot next year-

Autosport- A further indication that the MF1-Dutch deal is not going to go ahead comes from rumours in Holland that Christijan Albers, the man at the centre of the Dutch bid, is now talking about trying to get a drive with Super Aguri F1 next year.

The Japanese team is expected to keep Takuma Sato but in 2007 does not need to have two Japanese drivers and so could, in theory at least, hire a more experienced F1 driver. The obvious choice is Anthony Davidson, the Honda test driver, but he may not want to move to Super Aguri unless it is more competitive. There is talk that the team might be allowed to use Honda chassis next year, although that would need 100% agreement from all the teams - which is never an easy thing to achieve. In 2008 Super Aguri will be able to use the Honda chassis because that rule will lapse.