Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Is Minardi quitting F3000?

If you look in the classified section of last weeks Autosport (or could be week before). You'll see an advert offering two (i think its two) Lola F300 chassis as driven by Tuka Rocha to podiums at the Hungaroring.

Can one of our more knowledgeable posters tell me if these are Minardi chassis?

Does that know mean that Minardi are moving series or is that series getting a chassis upgrade?

Comments

• that's a good question... I guess they'll get new chassis next year
  • Is minardi quiting? No. The news we got today is 2008 is hoped for GP2. We had a great day with the guys at the Factory. Nice set up they have. Here just a couple of pics.

• You had me worried for a minute there, Steamy. But at Hungary, Tuka was still driving for Vanni-Traini in their Lola Light, so presumably it is they who are selling off chassis.
  • Hey Ger or Quig, any word on when they will have credit payment available for the merchandise section? Or anyone that has done it online, is it it pretty simple?
  • Telstar I asked Antonella and it seems they only got the supply of the merchandise sorted this week. Email me ad I will send you Antonella's email addy so you can contact her. All should be sorted shortly.
  • Stunning photos Ger :cool:

the factory looks great.

Are you going to tell the less educated members (e.g. Me ) who's who in the second picture ??
  • Sorry L to R Allessandro Baldo, Track Engineer, Antonio ? Mechanic, Gianluca Creama, Assistant Mechanic, Stephano Bellanito, Mechanic, Antonella Bozzato, Girl Friday and Michele Tisato, Mechanic. Guys anyone who thinks Minardi is gone is soooooooooooo wrong. It was great to get the inside story. GP2 2008 Roll on.
  • Is minardi quiting? No. The news we got today is 2008 is hoped for GP2
    Geez, this could be awkward then.

Stoddart was at Monza to visit the F1 fraternity and was muttering about maybe looking at doing something in GP2 instead. The Australian aviation magnate has a large racing factory and staff in Ledbury and still owns the right to use the Minardi name. He started out in major international competition fielding a Formula 3000 team with drivers Mark Webber and Christijan Albers before moving into F1 with Minardi. Stoddart accepts that the way F1 is at the moment it would be hard to get back into the game but with cost-cutting and other changes that could occur in the years ahead, he might one day be in a position to get back into F1.
  • Imagine Minardi by Campos GP2 team AND European Minardi Gp2 !! :o;):P
  • Everything look s great you guys, looking forward to more pics & reports when you get chance