Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi's 2007 GP2 Driver Line up

According to this weeks Autosport Roldan Rodriguez will partner Xandi Negrao at Minardi next year. According to Roldan the deal is 99% done.

I think Roldan could outshine Xandi next year. Unless he improves.

Comments

• Who's Xandi Negrao?
  • Negrao was always going to be part of the deal. Brings some serious Brazilian cash with him. Pity though he does not seem to have the talent of others in the series. Hope Rodriguez is there too!

Alexandre Negrao

DOB: 14/10/1985
    Born Brazil

on the way to the gp2 series

1998 São Paulo Go-Kart Championship (Junior Category) - Winner

1999 Brazilian Go-Kart Cup (Junior Category) - 7th
    São Paulo Go-Kart Championship (Junior Category) - 3rd

2000 Brazilian Go-Kart Championship (Rookie Category) - 7th
    Brazilian Go-Kart Cup (Rookie Category) - 5th
    São Paulo Go-Kart Championship (Rookie B Category) - 4th

2001 Brazilian Go-Kart Championship (Graduados B Category) - 2nd
    1st Troféu Brasil de Kart/Supersport - Winner
    Brazilian Go-Kart Cup (Graduados B Category) - 5th
    São Paulo Go-Kart Championship (Graduados B Category) - 3rd

2002 São Paulo Go-Kart Championship - 3rd
    Brazilian Go-Kart Championship - 6th

2003 South American F3 Championship - 3rd (Two wins, two pole positions)

2004 South American F3 Championship - Winner (10 wins, seven pole positions)

2005 Race driver for Hitech Piquet Sports in GP2 Series (19th in championship)
  • he did GP2 this year and last year as well (in a Turquoise colored car IIRC).
  • Roldan ought to blitz him. He's been, overall, the fastest driver Minardi have used in Euro3000 this year - even if he has no luck.

If Negrao brings the money, then that's how it is. 2007 is going to be a bit of a bedding-in year, so it may help to have a driver who knows the ropes - but more important will be any ex Piquetsports staff who stay on.

• He's been, overall, the fastest driver Minardi have used in Euro3000 this year
    I think Tuka Rocha is better, or at the same level...:P
  • It's official Rodriguez and Negrao for Minardi next season
  • Seems these tests have been planned a while ago. You might have noticed Rodriguez was testing for Campos recently.