Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

What makes Minardi Minardi

Let's see whether this works

Minardi is:

Comments

• The people at Faenza!
  • I would like to point out that I am not the person who voted for Paul Stoddart. ;)

I just liked Minardi when he was there. I don't think he was the personification of Minardi. I voted for the underdog option.

[Edited on 13-11-06 by Stan]
  • Still thinking about this, not sure any of the choices cover it for me.........................................
  • this is a good poll option, funny i've never used it before. it actually logs who votes (not what you vote) so you can't vote twice by deleting a cookie or so
  • I will never understand this "underdog" thing. It makes no sense. Do any of you think that GCM carries that around with him all day? Any racer who really has the intenet to w
    win?

If you think of yourself as an "underdog" then that is all you will ever end up as.
  • If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck.
  • well, indeed, I doubt he actually thought he was going to win races between 1993 and 2005. Minardi were mainly in it for the love of the sport
  • Love of the sport and a poor self image (ie underdog) are completely different modes.
  • IS the head of Chrysler, Mr Chrysler

Is the head of Lotus Colins son (No!)

Is the head of General Motors Mr Motor?

Do you not buy a ferrari beacuse Enzo died?

Life goes on guys.

BTW (i voted none of the above)
  • Well, Minardi aren't Chrysler or GM, and Lotus and Ferrari just haven't been the same since Chapman and Enzo went, in my book.

As for the underdog thing, it doesn't equate to poor self image, or to automatic loser - quite the opposite. It's about the attitude that says "I may not have their money, but I'm twice as good as them, so I'm gonna go for it!"
  • GCM
    General Carlo Motors :P
  • Its interesting how certain cultures regard 'being the underdog*' as a negative. I think the Yanks may share this with our Italian friends, 99.95% of whom never got behind a great little team from Faenza.

Although other nations root for the underdog, they can explain their reasons. I will speak only for the Brits ...

- If our 'high point' was the most successful empire the world has ever seen (if imperialism isn't your bag, baby, check the language in which we converse) then we've been in decline ever since.

- If Brits love inventing sports and their rules then we're generally hopeless at playing them.

- If we see an underdog then every fibre in our bodies will be backing them.

(*derivation of the term comes from English woodsmen sawing tree trunks in pairs into planks. One stood on top of the platform (the 'top dog') and the other stood beneath getting covered in sawdust (the 'under dog')).
  • Like in the cricket..........Ayy Viges!
  • I guess it's all those things together.
    That's why Minardi is unique.

Forza!