Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Hamilton confirmed

at McLaren. Marvellous! Common sense has prevailed.

Comments

• Well done to Lewis. But i know that the ensuing media bandwagon which will follow him around will be unbearable. The non-motorsport press will be calling him F1's answer to Wayne Rooney. It is possible that he could crumble under the expectation.

As a person who goes out of his way to avoid trends and bandwagons. I for one will wish him well now and the leave him to develope. I just hope the press do the same.

On the plus side it may take the pressure off Jenson Button.
  • Jenson who?
  • Excuse me while I reach for a soundbite. It will either make him or break him...
  • it'll be the latter, going into the snakepit that is McLaren right away is a bad, bad idea
  • His problem will be Alonso - he's so consistent and relentless, it will provide a very stark benchmark against which to judge every rookie error or off day.

McLaren may be heading for a crisis period post Newey et al - that won't help either. And yes, the hype too.

Best of luck to him though...
  • Originally posted by steamdrivenhammerIt is possible that he could crumble under the expectation.
    we can only hope.
  • I don't think common sense has prevailed, surely that would have been to have given him a year testing to get used to the team and car full time?

Giving him a chance to develop further a little outside the spot light and away from the pressure has to be a good thing. I know Ron's shown a bit too keen an interest in him since he was a bit too young but I don't think this is wise.

Hope I'm wrong but.............
  • Originally posted by minardirule
    I know Ron's shown a bit too keen an interest in him since he was a bit too young
    ewwwwww.
  • ok I don't think we needed to know that. lol

I personally think he's ready and as he'll have Mclaren more behind him might show Alonso who's boss.
  • Ron wouldn't have put him in the race seat unless he was 100%. As I said at the time, they should have put him in for Brazil.

Having seen what I've seen him do in GP2 (and Rosberg + Kovalainen), Lewis is the pick of a very good bunch. Tooling around in a Midland for a year would have done him no favours.
  • right I need to change my name so I don't get mixed up with him.