Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

New site logo

A new season and two teams to cheer for has made me fiddle around with the site logo. This is not what it'll be but just one in the line of some suggestions (obviously the logo will have more racing cars on it but none of them are out yet)

Comments

• You plan on covering the GP2 and Euro 3K or just the Champ Car this year?

[Edited on 30-12-06 by MCSF]
  • I like what you did with the F in Forza, but I think it should remain on the M or on both. As for the flag I don't think it should have one or have both Italian an US.
  • A good question by Quig. Personally I'd rather see the GP2 covered.
  • I think I gave the answer when I said

A new season and two teams to cheer for
    As for the flag, well, I needed some kind of background (and two flags wouldn't work)

As for the F or M: Nobody uses the M anymore, not GCM and certainly not PS so it might be time to axe it.
  • It think the logo is Ok. My only problem is the black lettering is too dark and its quite difficult to see against the Blue of the stars and stripes.
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    As for the F or M: Nobody uses the M anymore, not GCM and certainly not PS so it might be time to axe it.
    Oh no you won't. Not after I spent three hours converting it to a vector image ;).
  • Sorry RJ, not an improvement. The backdrop of the Stars & Stripes is wrong. The use of the green, white and red in the current logo is the correct nod towards national colours. It may be worth doing a poll on how many members here really care about the CART campaign.

Personally, Bourdais testing for STR has greater CART/Minardi resonance than the Stoddie venture.
  • Viges old bean I agree with you. I cannot believe the stars and stripes thing. Keepers of the dream?
  • It never specified which dream, could be the American Dream :D:D:P
  • You're a naughty boy.
  • RJ I see where you said Two teams to cheer for. But am I right that the Champ car series is going to be the dominant discusssion here? Why are you wiping away the history of the team? The Minardi name is after all Italian. Interestingly I read a article which Mr Jones of Minardi F1 x2 described the team as an Anglo/Australian/Italian team. Once again I am amazed by the your interest in CCWS. I guess being in the US makes some of us more interested in GP2. American Dream geez you dont know the half of it.
    Norm
  • Sorry RJ I have to agree that is definately not an improvement, I think the current is better even with the shocking pics of members!!

Maybe its time to update the car or add the new GP2 car once we get some decent pics in the livery, to the existing.
  • Terrible - keep the current one !
  • We might as well make this the big idea thread. I came up with this while messing around with the logo a bit. RJ thinks it's too yellow and concentrates on GP2 too much. ;)

http://home.standigitaal.nl/fm.png

If any of you want a go, I uploaded the vector image I made of the logo. It should be pretty easy to adjust using something like Paint Shop Pro or FreeHand. I'm not sure if RJ will agree with this, but he will just have to because I honestly redrew it ;)

http://home.standigitaal.nl/forzaminardi.emf

I also have a big vector of just the letter M if anyone's interested.
  • Doesn't do anthing for me.

The F (and the O) are not clear and the whole black lettering is rather dull.
    I liked the Green White and Red in the original. That is distinctive, and matches my T shirt.

Why run the Forza and Minardi together?

you don't say it like that !

It's"
    FORZA !
    MINARDI !

Spin
  • I like that idea Stan doesn't look too yellow but if we are going to use yellow I think it needs to be in conjunction with the dark blue rather than grey to match the team livery both traditional and new in GP2 & Euro3000. Both teams seem to be given equal billing to me so I can't see a problem from that point of view.

I agree with Spin that we need to keep the FM.COM in green, white and red.

Are you seriously looking at a change RJ or just kicking ideas around?

[Edited on 3-1-0707 by minardirule]
  • I'm not keen on the stars and stripes background.

I rather like Stans yellow logo but the the green white and red works best with the history of the teams.
  • guys, please don't get your knickers in a twist over the stars and stripes, I was just pulling your leg, call it New Year's banter. Just wanted to see who'd start preaching, and you didn't let me down :P

what will happen is a modification of the logo as we have it now. The current one smacks too much of the F1 days

besides, in 2007 Minardi will be, depending on how you look at it, as Italian as Caipirinha or Hamburgers so, while green white red will find its way into the site somehow, I doubt it'll be via the logo but I haven't made up my mind on that one (yet)

Good point on the M, doc

what is needed is a new news engine as the current one is unable to handle a steady influx of news and I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of news reports coming in this season (rather than the odd buy-some-Minardi-wine-why-don't-you reports)

Hence the need for a reshuffle (time permitting) of the front page
  • Lets see some ideas then RJ, with out the satrs & stripes please

TIA
  • gimme a week or so, no time to be creative at the moment!