Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Silverstone test?

Does anyone know whether there are tests scheduled at Silverstone before the season starts?

I'm quite close to it so I might as well go there and test my new lens:D

Anyone joining me?

Comments

• There is usually some activity but no dates reserved at the mo as far as I can see:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/html/ra.php

Even when there is a date you don't know who'll turn up - Silverstone is too cold and windy for useful testing. Spyker is launching there Feb 5th so why not get accreditation as a Dutch journo?

They'll probably do a few laps.

[Edited on 19-1-07 by viges]

[Edited on 19-1-07 by viges]
  • always an idea of course, with the slight qualification that I'm not a Dutch journo
  • Yes you are. Feb 5th is the date.
  • if you say so, dropped them a message but mind you, I didn't even get in to the Brands Hatch A1GP
  • To my knowledge Spyker will test the 6th and 7th of february, following their launch.
  • Yes, that looks like it. You never know, Williams, Honda and RBR might book last minute days but I doubt it.

Its Spain, Spain, Spain these days + Bahrain on the way out to Oz + Sepang in that gap before the GP. Also, Fridays increase to three hours running now with no engine penalties.

Its a shame but Silverstone is useless for baseline set-up. I suppose the local teams just use it for shakedowns. I remember Mazzacane losing it big time in a Prost once - he ran out of talent in Becketts. Happy days.
  • big silverstone test 19- 21 june all teams should be there
  • Thanks James - yes, I meant to specify winter testing.

Williams used to go to Kyalami - fancy that trip?!
  • RJ, you can ask Huw Alban from the Spyker MF1 sportsnetwork site. Shure he'll go.
  • Huw is doing the Spyker site now? hahaha what a legend:D
  • Yep, he came onboard te help the Pipster out when Judas transformed intp Midland. It wasn't his fault that the Dutch purchased the lot...;)
  • well, unlike this place, the Arrows forum went dead almost instantly
  • Definitely DON'T fancy Kyalami Viges! We did two 2 seater events there with Minardi and its definitely not anywhere near the top of the list of places I'd like to visit!
  • I'am there on Monday, 95% sure ;-)
  • nope, didn't hear from them, too bad...
  • Did you have the right contact person?!
  • apparently not haha nell her name was
  • hmmm, that should be the right one. Ok, I'll be the one with my Minardi F1 Team rainjacket on to represent the good guys. ;-)
  • dropped her another email, good opportunity to catch up (and finally try that lens)
  • Phil and Hugh are in, but then again, they have the Spyker fansite as excuse.
  • hehe just got an email: see you there :)
  • btw: HOW do you get there?
  • sorted :D will make her majesty's roads unsafe on Monday