Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Trulli... did we realise?

That it'll be Trulli's 10th anniversary in F1 this year?

The fastest guy on a single lap, never quite nailed it in a race, apart from being the only non Ferrari driver to take a race in 2004.

Comments

• Didn't realise no but thinking about it makes me feel rather old..............I'd been watching F1 for nearly a decade before he even arrived.

Good that he's managed to get a career at the top for that long, most don't butits a shame he doesn't have more in terms of results to show for it. Maybe a better year with Toyota this year.
  • yeah, right ;)
  • I drive a Toyota I hope he does well!!!!!
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    That it'll be Trulli's 10th anniversary in F1 this year?

The fastest guy on a single lap, never quite nailed it in a race, apart from being the only non Ferrari driver to take a race in 2004.
    Apart from Montoya and Raikonnen of course.
  • Yes, we did realise RJ, we just didn't care. The guy falls asleep in a race quicker than Fisico.
  • He seems so unmotivated. Was it the Renault/Flavio affair? He gave Alonso a tough time before he was pushed out.
  • He seems so unmotivated.
    He should go after Coulthards record for "Longest time spent in F1 by a mediocre driver".
  • Isn't Barrichello leading that charge?
  • It is the most interesting battle in F1.
  • Fishifella is in danger too..
  • Clown,I don't agree with Trulli being "mediocre".

Fisichella, Barrichello and Coulthard definitely are, and Ralf is on his way (10th anniversary for him as well this year).

Trulli belongs to a different stroke of drivers: he belongs to the type that I call "Arnoux-style": superfast all the time, a rocket on the single lap, but too inconsistent (and also a bit unlucky with their cars) to be competitive for the World Championship.

If Arnoux won 7 races and Trulli only one, it is because times were different, Trulli had a crap Prost and a crap Jordan when he was supposed to get good cars, then he got a good Renault in a year when Ferrari was on another planet, then a mediocre Toyota in 2006.
    When he had good cars (Renault in 2004 and Toyota in 2005) he always showed great, but always in the single races, not in the overall championship.

But just think how many poles he would have got and how many wins with Renault in 2005 and 2006.....I guess far more than Fisiko.....

[Edited on 26-2-07 by manlio27]

• Clown,I don't agree with Trulli being "mediocre".
    Thats cos you're insane ;)

But yeah, honestly he's not quite at a Fisichella, Barrichello or Coulthard level of uselessness, but he sure better hurry as and get his shit together if he wants to be remembered as a decent steerer.
    and Ralf is on his way
    I forgot all about Frau Ralf. If he stays around a few more seasons longer he'll have the "Longest time spent in F1 by a mediocre driver" title sown up for generations.
  • at least these people (Ralf, Trulli, Fisichella, Coulthard, Rubens) have won the odd race. Not really what I call mediocre.
  • Mediocre
    adjective
    1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
    (Dictionary.com)

They're not shithouse drivers, but they're hardly greats.

The facts are, Fisichella, Coulthard, and Rubens all have teammates who won the world championship whilst they went out on lovely sunday drives in the same car. Trulli has never fished better than 6th in a WDC, and do you really think you would of ever seen Ralf in F1 if his surname wasn't Schumacher.
  • Winning a race means squat really. Hell, average drivers have won Championships in great cars. Damon Hill anyone?
  • You'll have to try harder than that, young man.
  • Spoken like an OAP.
  • Originally posted by viges
    You'll have to try harder than that, young man.
    Shouldn't you be writing a book? :P