Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

This weeks autosport

The headline on the cover of this weeks autosport says

"What makes Lewis so Fast"

I'll give the journalist (sic) at autosport a clue. It's crome and red and he sits in it during every grand prix.

I'm now well pissed off with the hype surround lewis now. we got the press building him up as senna incarnate. James Allan wants to marry him. Every GP ITV have another interview with him.

Could the media please talk about something else.

[Edited on 7-6-07 by steamdrivenhammer]

Comments

• And the worst thing is that us Aussies also have to sit thru ITV's love fest every two weeks... and aside from a few ex-pats, well we couldn't give a f*ck about him. :D
  • I'm a Scotsman and there is nothing worse than the British media assuming all their viewers are English.
  • the thing is, in stark contrast to Button, Hamilton is actually performing "hype worthy", never mind the usual cheerleading of the ITV crew
  • Originally posted by MinardiP1
    And the worst thing is that us Aussies also have to sit thru ITV's love fest every two weeks... and aside from a few ex-pats, well we couldn't give a f*ck about him. :D
    As opposed to N10's
    "brilliant drive by Webber to come home 15th"
  • ITv is payback for handing us Neighbours and PrisonerCell Bloch H!
  • Oops apologies for the typos. Way too much Vodka last night!
  • is it that bad?
  • You saw what happened to Yeltsin.
  • Quite amusing for Australians to blame London for the poverty of their own TV industry. Having to take the ITV feed? OhmiGod!Whingeing Aussies? Shurely shome mishtake.

As for my friends in the North, DC's had a very good crack of the whip. Despite modern day fickleness, many of us down here in the warmth still support him. If you are unable to correctly compare Lewis now with DC in a '94 Williams, I applaud your myopia.
  • Povety of our TV industry. . . . heres a quote on our poverty from the BBC
    ``We were being asked to pay the best part of 300 million pounds ($A720 million) over an eight-year period.
    ``We would have loved to have kept it but not at any price.''
    Fremantle has reportedly increased the asking price for Neighbours from the current 25,000 pounds ($A60,110) an episode to 70,000 pounds ($A168,300).
    Over a 200% increase in an old clapped out show - not bad - Ayy Wot!
    Makes F1 look cheap
  • Yes, thanks for proving my point. Australian TV doesn't HAVE to take the UK feed.

I've heard of Neighbours; I believe its watched by the infirm and the indolent.
  • and those appreciative of Holly Valance of course
  • Originally posted by Clown
    [quote]Originally posted by MinardiP1
    And the worst thing is that us Aussies also have to sit thru ITV's love fest every two weeks... and aside from a few ex-pats, well we couldn't give a f*ck about him. :D
    As opposed to N10's
    "brilliant drive by Webber to come home 15th"[/quote]

And when have you ever seen that? Usually the car breaks down when he's on for points, and it's "another missed opportunity by Red Bull".

btw viges, Australians don't really watch Neighbours, in fact i've never actually watched an episode, not even when I was a youngster. It would have been out of production years ago if it wasn't for the UK sales.

[Edited on 10-6-07 by MinardiP1]
  • did you see the press conference after the race? how can anyone not like this guy, he's so genuine
  • No, we didn't get to see the unlaterals.

Local TV cut it to go to a tape delay US news show
  • US coverage was on a different channel this weekend , along with the next 3 races, so they stopped their coverage before the conference. At least our commentators are the same as the usual channel F1 is on here.
  • Neighbours is mainly watched by students it is their escape from the real world and keeps them sane. There has been great uproar that it is leaving the beeb!
  • Stop whinging. If it wasn't for ITV we would probably get some American feed. Good God.

As I have stated, I think Lewis is doing a great job. It's just the press which are spoiling it.
    However, it's been a long time between drinks for the poms so I can understand it. You know
    you can always put the volume down-especially when James "I creamed my jocks" Allen talks about Lewis..
  • You have to give the F1 press pack some leeway here; ratings and newspaper coverage space have been falling fast in recent years. Whether we 'purists' like it or not, many more people are now going to be watching because of Lewis, and not just Brits.
  • I share an office with a guy who is "now" a Lewis fan and he was going on about how Lewis won in only his sixth GP where it took Damon Hill 14 and Jackie Stewart 8. My response was Giancarlo Baghetti won on his debut, my colleague went strangely quiet.

[Edited on 12-6-07 by steamdrivenhammer]