Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Valencia GP2

Just a few pics from Valencia. Here with Silverghost, Minardirule, Viges, Murph, JC and others. Have been treated very well pity about the results.
Ger

[Edited on 30-9-2007 by Ger]

Comments

• nice! hope you guys had a lot of fun
  • Brilliant time. Everything was great but for the race performances. Agrodolce, like Minardi always is.
  • Yes, nothing wrong with the cars, they did very well in quali but the boys were poor in the races. Threw away good grid positions at the start. Roldan's next season in GP2 will shape his entire career; he is nowhere near ready for F1.

Glock was the rightful winner of the championship.

Thanks to Ger and Quig and everyone for organising it.
  • I agree. Wondering what will happen to his Spyker test, he's been announced to drive but Spyker started the season with a whole football team of test drivers and none of them spent a single minute in the car apart from Winkelhock
  • A great weekend let down by some pretty poor driving in Race 1, everything was going very well till 4pm on Saturday then it all went wrong before the first corner.

The team were great with some excellent access as always.
  • Quiz question: which Minardi star is with us in the group shot?
  • oh come on! way too easy (besides, he was never quite a star in terms of performance) but go ahead, I'll leave it to the others :cool:
  • That's Mr. Fields (translated from Spanish to English)
  • Very nice.

Easy for you RJ, not easy for everyone ...
  • from Autosport:

"Campos Christmas"

It's been 15 years since Adrian Campos last drove single-seaters for a living, so it was good to see the ex-Minardi F1 racer back behind the wheel at Valencia, demonstrating the next generation GP2 car.
    Campos is a bit of a cult figure in these parts and the crowd was cheering as he cruised around before Sunday's sprint race. As he stepped out of the cockpit, I had to ask him how it felt? "I'm only doing this for fun, you know. I'm 47! I just wish there had been a car like this when I was racing."
    Valencia was a dream weekend for Campos, capping an unbelievable turnaround in its fortunes. Last year, it propped up the grid, ending the year bottom of the heap. This year, Giorgio Pantano's two wins, coupled with Vitaly Petrov's breakthrough feature race win at Valencia, propelled them to third in the team's championship, just beating category behemoths Super Nova.
    "The team has done a very good job this year," says Pantano. "It has come up to the very top in this series and its all down to alot of hard work. I feel both myself and Vitaly have improved this year, and we've done a good job for the team." ...
    So, Adrian, how did a one-two finish on your home circuit feel? His eyes misted over at the recollection of the moment and, after a pause, he replied "I think you can see for yourself what it means to me."