Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

What's wrong with Minardi GP2?

Has anyone got any news on the status of Minardi GP2? On the GP2 Web site it's only refered to as "Piquet"?

Comments

• Minardi by GP racing is no more, no explanation yet oficial or otherwise. Some sort of split but no details.

All eyes on

www.minardi.it
  • minarditeam.com has been taken offline (as per front page of this humble site)

sounds like the euroseries team might continue... though perhaps that is under pressure too as they're owned by gpracing even though giovanni minardi seems to run the show
  • No Euro3000 either with gpracing this year as far as I know, the new website has had some content up but is still being worked on and is back to the holding page with Giovanni's e-mail as the contact.

An announcement is apparently due "soon" from GCM but that's an Italian soon, so who knows when?
  • WTF!!! No Minardi in GP2, RJ, release the news hounds and tell us what's happening. Put Vigars on it he can always root out a story!!!
  • got it confirmed from the guys at Minardiblog.com, who are very close to the team. No Minardi in GP2 in 08. At least not in the Piquet Sports / GP Racing line up. Whether they will strike another deal, we don't know. Will seek to elaborate but I guess it was all 'bout the money.
  • Shame about Minardi, granted I could only really follow the GP2 effort over here, some Minardi is surely better than none. Hope they find a solution to get back into racing GP2 an Euro 3000.
  • Shame but it always seemed half-cocked.