Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Oz GP

What a Grand Prix! Echoes of 2002 although all that carnage came in one corner. What a great day that was, eh Roo?

Poor old Bourdais: the last time Faenza scored a fourth was Kyalami 1993. You can read C Fittipaldi's memories in a new book ...

TOIT implode? What the?

BTW COME ON LEWIS!

Comments

• Too knackered to watch the race live. ^ finishers, we are gonna have a roller coaster season. Thank god all the driver aids are gone, it now looks like the drivers have to earn their corn. Malaysia should provide a true picture of the level of competitiveness.
  • Viges, Mate, the heat!!! It was sooo hot at Albert Park. I'm surprised any cars finished. Too bad for Seb, even though he is a twat, thanks DC for the fruity language. At first I thought Massa must be day dreaming that he was Schumi and that everyone should just move over for him. Then after watching a few replays it looked 50/50.
    I must say that I like watching the cars slide around, and made an effort to watch the starts and looked like everyone did an ok job. The Ferrari is quick though, they just need to get their act together. Their saving grace will be fresh engines for KL, which will be another hot one.

PS. Oh, and on behalf of all Australians I would like to apologize to the Europeans (that includes scum poms) for having to wake up in the middle of the night to watch a great race. For those who couldn't be arsed, tough titties. Here's an Idea lets put it on at 3am. Eff off dwarf.

[Edited on 17-3-08 by SuperRoo]
  • Well at last, something interesting in F1.

Some take-outs that appear interesting:

No-one, with exception of Maclaren appeared organised. Some of the stuff going on looked very un-F1 in terms of precision and organisation.

Three out of four Toit engines crapped themselves

The Japanese cars do not look like this will be their year. Again.

DC is finally becomming likeable.

Kimi drove like a rookie

Massa hasn't really changed from his Sauber days

Webber should be banned for being a shit magnet

No-one made much news out of Macca making the ECUs, and then winning the race in a car without problems.

When some drivers have to do more than turn the wheelie thing, they have brain fade (love yer work Heikki).

Melbourne once again made also-rans look good. Methinks that Europe will be less..........interesting.

and Bernie is still a twat.
  • Massa's a bit like Ralf and Trulli in that when everything is fine, and he is out front, he is very good. At all other times (i.e. most of the time) he is poor. Turn one, lap one was all his fault.

I quite liked the 3am start (once a year) but this year it moved to 4.30 - felt more guilty for opening a cold one but I still did it. I think the compromise here is for Singapore to open the season with a night race - then KL, Melbourne, Bahrain.
  • Looks like another year of boring biased coverage. I think i'll start downloading the american commentry. Now they are good.

Good race though and should be a good season. It was strange for kimi to have an off day but everyone has one, maybe he'll drive flawlessly for the rest of the season. who knows.

I'm glad Ron is still around though. F1 would be strange without him, if mclaren need to get rid of someone, get rid of Hamilton. But I suppose i can dream.

BMW look fast. Could they snatch points from Ferrari and Mclaren. I think so.

If Massa was dreaming he was schumi, he tried it on the wrong person. DC never lets anyone past easy. Shame about the accident, but it could be DC's year.... to beat Webber.

Vettel's pace on Saturday was awesome, No suprise he's been rated the number 1 German and is compared to the greats. Forget Hamilton, Vettel is a futre multi-time world champion. He might not have had a good race but he's going to be the driver of the season.

Heikki will bounce back and beat Hamilton.
  • I don't know how long Massa's contract is for, but I doubt he'll still be with TOIT next year. Todt is out of the team and Di Montezemalo has never been a fan.
    Piquet junior, least said the better. Toyota look pretty sharp. They're not that far off Williams pace, just reliability needs sorting
  • Oh good. That one's a keeper.

'Toyota Looks Sharp'

Anyone see a BMW lying around here somewhere???????