Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR up for sale

Hearing that STR is up for sale. Little surprise there. Not sure who would want to buy it. I'm sure the team has no design team in place so can't be possibly planning for next season. The team has no assets whatsoever apart from an illegal car that is shipped from the UK. In these iffy markets it will be very hard to find a buyer, even for the best equipped of teams.

Crash net article

Comments

• No real news. Seems that Mateschitz was used a the broom the get Stoddart out of the FIA's hair. He's clearly been shortchanged though, as a team without its own infrastructure is noy worth 80 million Euros.
  • anyone Think Stoddart would be intrested in another crack at F1?WE CAN DREAM OF A MINARDI RETURN CAN'T WE.;);)
  • or maybe GCM himself???????
  • Apparently, he's a bit short of ready cash at present.
  • Well well. Stoddart was at the Oz GP, and he stated he will not racing this year in the US because of all the unification problems with CCS and Indy.

He said his passion is F1 and that he is very interested in returning. He said he IS looking for a team to buy and had already looked at some teams. He already looked at Super Aguri and passed at the opportunity. Methinks STR is high on his list, although he will not return while Max is around.
  • I can't see Stoddart getting anywhere near a Formula 1 team. Where will he find the money. Its not as though he will be handed STR for free as was the case with Minardi. And one's not even mentioning the additional baggage that will accompany him.
    Methinks STR is likely to be taken up by Nicolas Todt. Todt senior has left TOIT. And Di Montezemolo is now in charge.
  • Don't forget he entered an application to rejoin F1. Who knows how much money he has now.

I hope we get a GCM and PS buying of STR, the two were great before and would be great again. Especially if STR keep Vettel who bbc have said they think is the no 1 German at the moment and is going to be better than hamilton.
  • Ah, it'd be a kicker, wouldn't it? The dear old sawbones is tuning up his violin just in case.

But nah, Stoddart had his go. His ability to make money aint what it was when he got Minardi in the first place. If it hadn't been for S11 things may have been very different now, but if wishes was fishes, we'd all cast nets in the sea.

What is good to see is that for all his hyperbole, Max's economy measures are doing nothing to make it possible for smaller teams to stay liquid. Super Aguri is on life support, and my money is on Gerhard not being the business genius that he's trying to make himself look in regard to the management of Torro Shitto. Bet the only reason that they aren't showing a loss is because the RB shares get counted as assets at full value, whilst in reality being paper options (I have no reason for writing that other than to be a trouble maker. Team unred are gone and the Indians are in. Whilst they have the money, they won't stay interested. A Tata is a Tata, even when it is painted BRG.

Good times...........
  • I think two Aussies may have a go: one who signed the (CCWS/IRL) merger agreement, and one who gave him the pen... :cool:
  • So they are twins after all!
  • if berger is going to hang to his share then they only have to be able afford half of the team.
  • Aguri and STR have been snookered and, I must say, well done Sir Frank for fighting the good fight. Formula One is Formula ONE for a reason (take a look at where customer classes have taken open wheel racing in the USA ... speaking of which, Stoddie also recently said he is not interested in 'running at the back again').

Uncertain times return, I'm afraid, for the Faenza gang.

Jordan/Midland/Spyker/India has been messy but at least they somehow kept going.
  • I still wonder who will ever buy a team without it's own design crew. Not to mention that I suspect most of their normal car development programme has been reduced to nothing as well. But that's only speculation of course. Maybe they will be picked up by a company that will just buy their license cheaply and then move over to their own facilities.
  • Originally posted by Stan
    I still wonder who will ever buy a team without it's own design crew. Not to mention that I suspect most of their normal car development programme has been reduced to nothing as well. But that's only speculation of course. Maybe they will be picked up by a company that will just buy their license cheaply and then move over to their own facilities.
    A design crew is put together easely; just pay m the right salary. Then get the car build by the likes of dallara or panoz, et voila! The question is; who has the money.
  • I guess that there are two kinds of possible buyers:

The first kind only look at results. STR is scoring, will most likely score again this year (specially given the drivers), and those people will pay more for STR than what was payed for Minardi. It looks stupid but I do not doubt such people exist, with money.

The second kind realizes the problems pointed inthe posts above, but are able to come with their own solutions, that is a design team. In addition, these people would now that Faenza has some sound chassis in their history, and that maybe that atmosphere can ressurge.

In fact there´s a third kind, but I guess we wouldn´t raise the money.
  • Personally, and I don't say this lightly, I would sell my soul to put GCM back in charge!
  • If you could rent out your soul for 40million euros per annum, we might be back in business. My soul ain't worth nothin'.
  • Methinks STR is high on his list, although he will not return while Max is around.
    .... and is Max now a short timer?

interesting turn of events I would say...