Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Donington farce

To absolutely no-one's surprise, the stakeholders in Donington Park are falling out already (owners suing the new leaseholders/promoters for unpaid rent).

Will Bernie snap this one up for himself (probably not) or does this just play into his hands and allow more room for another Grand Prix in another hotbed of motor sport fervour like India or Russia?(see the packed grandstands in China, Turkey, Bahrain, Malaysia).

Oh dear. The country that invented the Grand Prix is off the calendar already and will Britain now follow? For one thing, it would be so unfair on the hundreds of F1 employees working for teams based in the UK who only get to go to one GP a year.

Damon was on the radio this morning saying Silverstone is ready and willing but I think Bernie would rather chew off his own arm. Now is the time for Sir Frank and Sir Ron to do a bit of leaning.

Comments

• Bernie's already blaming the government there's a shock!

How about sitting down with all the parties Bernie and sorting something out instead whinging to the press.
  • Bernie simply cannot be serious about western governments subsidising F1. It is not comparable to the Olympics or the World Cup and he knows it. The British government gets enough grief about the zillions going towards London 2012 but at least there are massive infrastructure and regeneration benefits to the poorest part of London.

The government here did all it politically could by building proper access roads for Silverstone. The tarmac is barely dry and Bernie moves the race to Donington which is served by country lanes even smaller than Silverstone in the bad old days!

Anyway, he doesn't care about Europe. The economics of CVC's debt mountain mean Bernie needs the millions willingly paid by undemocratic governments in the 'new territories'. It is a disgrace.
  • I think Bernie does not want a British GP period.
  • He obviously doesn't care about North America, so no suprise with British GP, if only the rest of the circuits would say no to his fee, not to mention the manufacturers should man up an get F1 into the markets they want.
  • get F1 into the markets they want.
    but who wants to see 17 races in russia and china?
  • good point