Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Call my bluff

Judging by the recent statement confirming the formation of a breakaway series. I suggest no one. Apparantly some sources are urging the Cornish midget to broker a compromise deal.

Comments

• Judging by the recent statement confirming the formation of a breakaway series. I suggest no one. Apparantly some sources are urging the Cornish midget to broker a compromise deal.
  • I think Moseley/Bernie are in the weaker position. Yes they have the FIA sanctioned event, but 5 teams, all probably running Cosworth V8's? Who's gonna pay for that wedding?
  • Now to see which tracks suddenly receive new deals, I would assume Bernie will attempt to keep FOTA from running on any of his tracks or even previous F1 tracks. Though I am sure that the FOTA teams will probably be a more favorable deal than Bernie's recent ginormous fee.
  • I have a feeling the FOTA teams are not bluffing this time around.
  • Heard a whisper yesterday that Adelaide is keen to talk to FOTA about a race if the breakaway series does happen.
  • btw, I saw some footage of superleague formula the other day, those cars look and sound mighty cool (if push comes to shove) ;-)
  • Forza that's cause they have 750hp V12's
  • i know, whatever happened to F1
  • Ask Max...
  • ... he's gone. To absolutely no-one's surprise the war is over, there will be no breakaway but Max has gone. Well done FOTA. Montezemolo for the FIA, anyone? Surely it can't be Todt.
  • I think Chandler the rally guy from New Zealand might have a chance. Or Paul Stoddart would be really cool.
  • gosh, the teams sure gave Mosley a good spanking!

haha, not sure stoddie paid his FIA membership fees :-)
  • I think Stoddie is too much of a polarizing figure to be elected. Todt would be a horrible choice. If I remember correctly I believe the American FIA member was being groomed by Mosley, not sure if that is good or bad, but anyways good riddance Max!
  • Uh, point of order Mr. Speaker!

I didn't see anywhere that Max has resigned at all. All he seems to have done, is to do what he did before. That is, announced that he won't stand for re-election.

I wouldn't be getting out the blow-up frauleins and whips, and thin guys in stripey pyjamas just yet.
  • My God, Max is on a power trip. Just GO. Not sure of his name, he may be Max's 2IC, an Indian fella. He sounds like he is level headed, not sure if he is into S&M though.......Not that there's anything wrong with that!!!

[Edited on 26-6-09 by SuperRoo]
  • Seems like the old sod is not going to give up easily. He really is a lunatic.
    Did anyone see his interview on the BBC before the British Grand Prix, everyone who disagreed with him was classes as a "loonie". I wonder if that included Bernie as well?
  • I'd never seen Max quite so gleeful before; gallows humour, like a man who, deep down, knew he was on the way out.

Its also quite Freudian that he later criticised 'sad' governing body presidents who cling on too long - he obviously meant Balestre but couldn't see the reflection. Both men are a fantastic adverts for fixed term presidencies.
  • Can he just GO!!! I just wish the other FIA delegates and organisations grow a pair and tell him to leave. That or get Steven Segal to kick his ass!!!
  • Originally posted by SuperRoo
    That or get Steven Segal to kick his ass!!!
    I reckon Chuck Norris would do an equally good ass kicking job.