Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Henry Surtees RIP

Terrible, terrible news from Brands Hatch. The 18-year-old F2 driver was hit by a flying tyre.

I think we often forget, despite all the improvements, how bloody dangerous it is.

Comments

• I completley agree total shock. Apparantley he was a really nice guy as well.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

P.S. I think the Sun's handling of the accident re the pictures used is totally out of order. Its in complete poor taste to have as the main picture for this story on their homepage the exact moment the tyre impacted Henry's car. I hope someone complains.
  • I was shocked, I saw it live on tv. I was really hoping that Henry just was knocked out from the tyre. Black Weekend for Racing, Flavio Gugelmini (Rallye) died the day before during the Bulgarain Rally.

What really surprised me was that the suspension broke. There were accidents in the race were they did not fall of.
  • I just saw footage of it and cannot believe it. To be at the wrong spot at the wrong time, it just didn't look that bad at first. Very sad.