Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

ChampCar '05

I know there are other CC fans in here. Any thoughts on what the IRL going road racing might do to Champ Car? Is Emo coming back :hehe: :hehe: ? I can't wait to see Justin and the 'Dinger slug it out.

Comments

• ho hum....there will be the San Jose GP just a few miles past my work....wonder if it will be worth going.
  • I know there are other CC fans in here. Any thoughts on what the IRL going road racing might do to Champ Car?
    it will be yet another source of comic relief.
    Is Emo coming back :hehe: :hehe: ?
    yes.... but only as a spectator.;)
    ho hum....there will be the San Jose GP just a few miles past my work....wonder if it will be worth going.
    It will.
    Don't be such a sourpuss.
  • Is it worth asking:

Do you know the way to San Jose?
  • [quoteDon't be such a sourpuss. [/quote]
    It's what I do best.
  • Is it worth asking:

Do you know the way to San Jose?
    101 South, duh.
  • Tagliani to lose his seat to Glock? :o
  • $$$$ I'm sure KK and Gentilozzi will try very hard to get Tags a seat somewhere, he's from Montreal, would prefer to stay in CCars and with only 10 seats confirmed and 18 required odd say something will be made to work.

Come back Emo!
  • I already said it in another thread a while back: Dinger and Wilson? Same team? I smell a RuSport title run...

I'm glad RHR got a decent ride, hopefully things will fall into place under Gentilozzi; he disappointed at Herdez last season considering Dominguez's results in the same car.

I'm really excited that there looks to be four championship-caliber teams this season: the usual suspects (Newman/Haas, Forsythe) and the up-and-comers (PKV, RuSport).

And if Emmett doesn't go to the SJGP, there'll be hell to pay come Indy...I might wear my CC football jersey and visor to MCSF day! ;)
  • I'm not a cc fan but I watch the races. Its not as fun as it used to be.
  • CC ALWAYS.
    EARL sux
  • Andrew Ranger just added to Champ Car today, to partner Nelson Philippe. Watch this guy, he'll be quicker than his teammate and pick up some podiums as well.
  • Andrew Ranger just added to Champ Car today, to partner Nelson Philippe. Watch this guy, he'll be quicker than his teammate and pick up some podiums as well.
    That's not a bold statement...Phillippe is a bum.
  • I know grandprix.com isn't the most reliable source for Champ Car info, but they are speculating that Coyne will line up Mazzacane and Wirdhiem?? What about Servia!??
  • Servia will be at Coyne.
    Mazzacane wont.
    grandprix.com doesn't know squat.
  • Did anyone see first qualifying?

I like the guy that Jensen lined up- Del Monte. Reminds me of that hysterical scene in the "Fighting Hellfish" Simpsons episode...

"Ahh, Del Monte. Enjoy them old man, for they shall be...your last!"

High-larious!
  • roflol - i knew i'd heard his name before...

and I've been saying in that dudes voice for the past couple of days :D
  • Tagliani is racing with the old Walker Racing team isn't he??? I thought he had a seat there beside young Marcus Marshall, now that it's prt owned by Craig Gore and John Fish, and is called Team Australia!!! Derek Walker is staying on as Sporting Director. Tag qualifies as his handbrake is an ex-pat Aussie.
  • Walker has since come out with a statement saying that he still owns the team. Tagliani is with Team Oz, but think he signed before the name change.
    roflol - i knew i'd heard his name before...
    Me too.............when he was testing for Minardi.

How 'bout Tracy breaking the track record?
  • ^ And with 200hp less :o
    Really wasn't expecting this one. Ever.
  • I'm wondering if they've turned the engines loose some to impress. That's a hell of a lot of time to knock off a very refined setup on a 5 year old car with an aero freeze. It's field wide too.
  • This year I'm gonna go the extra effort and tape the CART series.

As it is always on late Monday night and early Tuesday morning, it's too easy to forget.

This time for sure!
  • Pretty good opener for Champ Car. Crowd looked healthy this season.

As for the race, I was disappointed with PKV- I really thought they would have been at the sharp end of the grid all weekend. RHR stunk as well...I'm finally starting to wonder if this kid's ever going to develop; Glock just killed him this weekend. Ronnie Bremer had a solid debut for HVM, and how about our boy Wilson putting the late move on Dominguez and pressuring Junqueira until the end? Looks like he could teach AJ a few things.
  • It was a shame that Marshell fucked up PT's restart after the final yellow.
    Could of been an awsome finish....
  • Yahoo! I've just been accepted as a spotter for the TV crew for the Milwaukee CC race. Accredation, food for the weekend and a great view.
  • You filthy, dirty, lucky bastard.