Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

PS05

2»

Comments

• My apologies forgetting the web address wrong. But my point remains that although I don't expect a website like the Renault F1 site, but there has to be more information that they could be relaesing on the PS05.

Will wait in anticipation.
  • It will be a long wait for the shower over at TheOtherMinardiSite to get up to speed. Forget them, stay here instead. Some of 'em here actually know something about F1, there's an occasional bit of inside info, and you can even buy a T shirt, which you can't do on TOMS.

• Plus - the average age of the people that post is somewhere around 16.
  • Paul Stroddart is only sayin that the sidpods will differ everything else will look quite like a renault maybe :D They were about 5 secs behind the Midland-Jordans at melbourne and closed it to about 2.6 sec at the last G.P. so id expect the new car with the grunt of the new cossy to make for a good fight.
  • Welcome AudioMove!

Quig
    Plus - the average age of the people that post is somewhere around 16.
    eah, and on TOMS the average age is even lower !!!:P
  • I was talking about the average age on TOMS.
  • I know!:rolleyes:
    Tat's why I used this smiley: :P ! OK???
  • Paul Stroddart is only sayin that the sidpods will differ everything else will look quite like a renault maybe :D They were about 5 secs behind the Midland-Jordans at melbourne and closed it to about 2.6 sec at the last G.P. so id expect the new car with the grunt of the new cossy to make for a good fight.
    I thought the engine cover will be the most "radical" coponent
  • Am I the only one getting frustrated by the lack of info we have on this new car?

All I can gather so far, is that the car will look like the current Renault with different sidepods, and the engine cover will be completely different to anything previously seen. With a bit of luck and some decent grunt, hopefully we'll be up around 16th and 17th or so come mid season.

Now if only they could fix that colour scheme...:rolleyes:

Welcome to ForzaMinardi forum AudioMove!
  • Bye, Bye PS04B... But, the last race of the PS04B was worthy and beautiful.

Welcome PS05! Welcome Points.....:D
  • 'Beautiful' is perhaps a bit strong but, yes, goodbye to the car which won us points in Melbourne and Indianapolis.

We MUST beat the yellow cars; they're truly shite and will not be developed this year.
  • No - The yellow cars will be the joke, going forward.

Minardi will be far too busy pushing Sauber and Red Bull around to worry about Judas.
    I agree, if we have the same engines as RBR, and the guys at Cosworth would want to show how good their engines are, we should be fighting for the same positions as RBR.

Now do we get first grade rubber???..., or cast-offs???
  • Now do we get first grade rubber???..., or cast-offs???
    2003-spec TOIT Re-treads :P

[Edited on 5/4/2005 by Clown]
  • Racereport Magazine:
    Friday is decisionday!!!

This friday Minardi will decide if they are going to use the new car for Imola. Another possibility is to wait for Barcelona. "However everything is focust on Imola, although I'm not sure if we will also have a reserve PS05." Graham Jones explains in Racereport.

For the race on Imola there will probably not be enough time to test the PS05 fully. "Even if we are not able to test, I still would like to take the new cars with me", says Paul Stoddart. "They are better anyhow then what we have now."
    Translated from www.rtlgrandprix.nl

They have nothing to loose. Bring those Minardi's to Imola!

Edit:
    'PS05' to debut - Stoddart

An all-new Minardi grand prix car will debut at Imola on April 24. Paul Stoddart has already hinted that it resembles no other on the Formula One grid. The 'PS04B' design, used throughout last year and in the first grands prix of 2005, was based on the '03 Minardi -- a derivative of the PS02, steered by Mark Webber.

advertisement

It is, therefore, the first truly new racer produced by Faenza (Italy) in quite some time, and said to pack at least a second per lap advantage.

The newer Cosworth engine should, also, boost Minardi by as much as sixty horse power. "We will introduce the new car at Imola," principal Stoddart confirmed. "Hopefully it'll be the start of improved ... performance. We're confident -- we know the PS05 is a lot quicker."
    F1racing.net

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • let's hope we see more of the PS05 overtaking not being overtaken. Are they going to be testing this week or next week? Would love to see them ahead of the Jordans.:) :spank:
  • Question......how do we know it is quicker when it hasn't even turned a wheel?

Any news on a shakedown? Friday before imola?

The melbourne debarcle has cost us prescous time. I hope we can get it up and running.
  • let's hope we see more of the PS05 overtaking not being overtaken.

Overtaking is also one of the areas where the PS05 should gain them time.
    With the guys looking in the mirror for half the race, and trying to get out of everones way all the time, that shoul equate to at least 1 second per lap?

So...
    Better engine = 1.5 seconds
    Betterchassis = 1.5 seconds
    Outa' myway = 1.0 seconds
    Good young steerers, now with experience 1.0 sec
    Weight of extra sponsors stickers = -0.5 sec.

We should easily be midfield by mid season.....
    What other gains are possible?
    :cool:
  • Friesacher tells f1total.com that the PS05 isn't that radical when you compare with the other teams.

"It's a big step forward compared with the 4-year old car, it's rounder and more beautiful, but not radical different than the other F1-cars"

http://www.f1total.com/news/05040805.shtml