Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Tribute to Paul Stoddart

13»

Comments

• "I will not miss him - he has contributed nothing to Formula 1" - Jean Todt.

Shows what sort of a person he is and how TOIT is so disconnected from the people in the grandstand. Re enforces my dislike of everything F*****i
  • When I read that on Pitpass, I was particularly taken by the context. The Toad said that he thought Stoddart was OK when he was giving Michael a free go in the two-seater, but then changed his mind.

He'll make a great FIA president.
  • I'm the one who would get blame for this (as posting something like that is against the law) and not some more or less anonymous member. Anarchy is all good and well but as soon as we start to get life threatening someone (and that would be me) has to draw a line.
    Life threatening, illegal and Lease has his panties in a knot over it? And I missed the whole show? Drats. It must have been good! I only remember Clown's drunken postings about harassing 15yo girls, which were funny, but only slightly illegal.

As for the topic of the day, Quig's army is shooting Stoddart from the sidelines, which isn't very fair. I understand that confidential sources need to be protected, but without any reasonable information, how are we to have a discussion? Just saying 'Deep Throat told me Paul sucks.' amounts to nothing. If you want to publicly discredit the man, you have to back your words up somehow.

(An observant reader notices that this post adds absolutely nothing to the ongoing discussion. I just wanted to stir - my deepest apologies.)
  • I just don't like him - how's that?
  • Todt is one of those types that believes we should all "work as a team and do it my way". That story from pitpass says only one thing, that Todt is a little prick.
  • grandprix.com had a nice comment about Mr Todt. :hehe:

Gotta love Joe Saward, one of Minardi & Paul Stoddart's true supporters in the journalistic world.
  • Nice one Joe :hehe:
  • Oh, for goodness sake. Quig, I didn't mean MCSF (which is a Minardi fanclub) but the Quig fanclub. It's quite sweet, really.
  • You know what this is going on way too long. I am not one of Quigs fan club. I just share his opinion and the opinion of others. Simple fact there are a some of us who have no time for Paul Stoddart. We have our reasons which one day I am sure will come out. However I for one will never speak of these reasons. Some of us were privy to information which possibly we should not have been. Those of you that think it's because of his spat with the FIA are way off the mark that has nothing to do with it. However my final straw with PS was at Indy when he was mouthing off about Minardi not racing. To me he was nothing more than a Ron Dennis puppet. But that has been well spoken about and everyone has there own opinion on this.

I look forward to reading his book which he plugged on ITV F1. Should be a good read. I thank him for keeping Minardi going the past 5 years. Thats where my thanks ends. So long Paul I am gutted by the possibility of Minardi fading into oblivion. But hopeful that Red Bull will continue the tradition created by GCM.
  • Thank you Paul for buying a near bankrupt team between 2000 and 2001 seasons and slowly curing the financial state.

Thank you for giving the Minardi team their 1st pitbabe (Sarah Jane).

Good luck lad !!